Zanon ZRF 1000 drum mower

/ Zanon ZRF 1000 drum mower
Hi joecoin ;)

I’m sorry to see that you have had the same problem too, but glad that you could solve it yourself 💪

I got my Zanon lawn mower back in 2013, and I pushed the bearing back in place again several times in the beginning as well, but it had walked its way out again after each job :cry:

My dealer fixed the problem by placing a shaft collar between the bearing and the universal joint, and I have had no problems with the bearing since (y)

My Zanon lawn mower has served me well for more than 240 hours now, and it will probably keep on longer than I will. I feel confident that the drum mower will outlast me as well, I’m just a bit disappointed that Zanon does not correct this annoying flaw :mad:

Best regards

Jens

/ Zanon ZRF 1000 drum mower #12  
Hello,
Could you tell me the size of the shaft collar and where it was obtained for your Zanon 33?

Hi SloopCreekFarms ;)

As I have just returned from my sommer vacation, I apologize for my late reply :cry:

Just to make sure that we are talking about the same thing:

In post #10 from joecoin, he is talking about his Zanon 33” Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, and that he has had the same problem as I had, but that he was able to solve it without a shaft collar.

I have a Zanon ZCR lawn mower and a ZRF 1000 drum mower, both of which had the bearing problem that was solved with a shaft collar.

I just went to my garage with a vernier caliper to take the measurements of the shaft collar for you, and they are as follows:

Inner diameter (equal to shaft diameter): 25 mm
Outer diameter: 40 mm
Width: 15 mm

On both my Zanon mowers the shaft collars have the above size, so perhaps a shaft diameter of 25 mm is common for Zanon mowers. I can’t tell if this is also the proper size for a Zanon 33” Heavy Duty Lawn Mower, which is perhaps the model that you have?

This might be a common Zanon problem, and my dealer had the shaft collar available in his shop. If you can get hold of a shaft collar, it is pretty easy to install it yourself simply by removing the coupling and slide it onto the shaft. The collar is fixed to the shaft by a little set screw.

I hope this information was helpful, and I would love to hear what kind of experience you have had with your Zanon mower.

Best regards

Jens

Hi ;)

As I have just read this entire thread again, I realized that I might have forgotten a piece of information that might be useful, especially to our European members.

As I got the drum mower in November 2021, I ordered a full set of spare knives, just to be well prepared.

The 1000 mm (40’’) model has 6 knives at a price of 3.65 Euro ($3.94) each. On top of that I got 6 new bolts at a price of 2.45 Euro ($2.64) each, plus 9.90 Euro ($10.68) shipping cost. Including 19 % sales tax, the total bill was 55.34 Euro ($59.68).

Best regards

Jens