YT359C Door glass blow up

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #1  

Kiwibru

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT359C, Carraro TC5500 Comtrac
Those of you with 359C models be careful! Today I was running a flail mower on our forage field to top it for winter. Nice day, sunny, light north wind, temps around 45°F. Hit a fox dig out hole from the darn creatures tendency to dig up voles. Unknown to me, one of my flail flaps was stuck open, jammed up with dirt and grass. Flails picked up a rock and threw it towards the cab. All of a sudden the right hand door, which I had open for cooling the inner cab,
20221119_124747.jpg
just blew up, shattered into thousands of tiny pieces. Not much got to me but wow did that freak me out! I now have to order a new door glass and weather strip, then figure out how to get the lock knob off, to remove the latch cover so I can get to the bolts for the lower hinge assembly and remove it. It will interesting to see how long it takes to get the parts. It would be nice if they had them in the factory in Georgia.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #2  
Man that sucks. I do run my MIL's Massey with the cab door open when bush hogging. This makes me think twice about doing that. It has AC but sometimes you just want real air.

Hope they can get you taken care of quickly.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #3  
I have had that happen on my Mahindra. You will find the replacement glass is not cheap. A company does make a "lexan" type cover shield that is said to protect the glass but also not cheap.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #4  
Man, i feel for you. I never even move my tractor with a door open because i fear this exact thing. I figure thats what the ac is made for. Just looking att my door assembly, it does not look like an easy job to install it.

and its not just your make and model. All cabs are a huge, breakable assembly.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #5  
Not very difficult on a Deere 5 series but I would imagine it's at least a 2 man job. I put the right door kit on mine when I bought it. Handles, hinges, etc are pretty easy. Holding that glass in place will be the hard part. Glass is probably 6 or 700.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #6  
Shipping costs can be high also I have found.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up
$875 for the door glass, $123.00 for the gasket. Trying to keep calm for the next 2-3 weeks while the door and gasket are shipped out from the Georgia factory. Lucky they had them. Comedy of events and stacked in a line.
Slowly taking things apart and cleaning up the remaining glass shards captured by the hinges and rubber spacers. Difficult install, hopefully not. I can remove the hinges by pulling the pins. Install both hinges, front latch, then lift it all back up and drop in the pins, the Cir-clip them on the bottom. Or, raise the new glass with gasket installed into the door groove, attach hinges already in place by re-installing the rubber spacers, then the bolts. That might be more difficult, definitely two person job. My wife volunteered already.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up
I have had that happen on my Mahindra. You will find the replacement glass is not cheap. A company does make a "lexan" type cover shield that is said to protect the glass but also not cheap.
Name of the company please!

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #9  
$875 for the door glass, $123.00 for the gasket. Trying to keep calm for the next 2-3 weeks while the door and gasket are shipped out from the Georgia factory. Lucky they had them. Comedy of events and stacked in a line.
Slowly taking things apart and cleaning up the remaining glass shards captured by the hinges and rubber spacers. Difficult install, hopefully not. I can remove the hinges by pulling the pins. Install both hinges, front latch, then lift it all back up and drop in the pins, the Cir-clip them on the bottom. Or, raise the new glass with gasket installed into the door groove, attach hinges already in place by re-installing the rubber spacers, then the bolts. That might be more difficult, definitely two person job. My wife volunteered already.

You shouldn’t need a new gasket. You can chip all the glass out of it and reuse it.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #10  
Kiwibru: Lyly Silbernagel, US Farm Innovations, 3712A Enfield Road, Austin, Texas 78703. Phone mobile 512 423 8443. www.usfarminnovations.com Hope this helps.