YT359C Door glass blow up

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #21  
I had a similar experience and the cost was similar. You broke your right side door though. I thought it interesting that when my dealer sold me my left side replacement door, he said he has sold dozens of left side doors but only a couple right side doors. Seems people prefer to leave the left door open more than the right door. Most tractors get entered mainly from the left side (a carry over from getting on horses, I guess)
The vehicle you drive. Plus most cab tractors you can't get out the passenger side easily. I got on and off my horse from both sides. Most your hay mowers and such hang out on right. Your lift control is on right

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #22  
Well, after 12 years of bragging that i never broken any glass…..i shattered my front windshield into a million pieces. had a rock blown into windshield from a snowblower. Good thing its a relatively inexpensive piece of glass as dealer quoted me $617 delivered to their shop in town, bad thing is, it may take 2 months to get it as theres a national shortage of glass. I knew about that from trying to replace tempered window in house that was broken by rock from mower. Took over a month to get glass.

i picked up a sheet of plexiglass from homedepot and made a temporary windshield. At least i can keep the snow and rain out until windshield comes in.

i actually thought this huge piece of curved glass would be over $1500. Was surprised it was not too bad. Im going to install it myself.
I got a call from dealer, glass is in. About 1.5 months earlier than expected, and cheaper than quoted. Going to pick up tomorrow.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #24  
Well, in 11 years, i broke 1 piece of glass. Id still have a cab even if i broke a piece every year. I couldnt stand not having the glass even 1 day in the snow. I went and bought some plexiglas to seal the hole.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up
Oh gosh, I could not live without a cab after thirteen years of open station tractor work. Pollen baths, dust up the nose, glasses covered with it all, no more...

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #27  
I would never move my YT359C with the main door open. I would think Yanmar would not want you to run it with the main door open. That large glass door is quite heavy and shaking it around while using the tractor in itself is unadvisable. The hinges most likely arent designed to hold that door without it being seated and the tractor bouncing. I always have the fear of it hitting something. There's always that time when you aren't totally paying attention. I make it a point to not even move the tractor unless both doors are closed. If you want air there are three other windows you can open. I'm thinking you won't be doing that again. Sorry for your troubles. Please don't take my comment negatively. Just saying how I deal with mine.

Last edited:
   / YT359C Door glass blow up
To each their own I guess. Having removed the door remnants and put the new glass back on I can say that the hinges, mounting pins and attachment are all quite robust. Moving through an open field of forage with lots of space certainly removes the issue of hitting any objects for me. I have twenty acres of open space to look at. It's the issue of unknown objects randomly thrown that are the issue for my operation. Have Tractor Guards to put on when I work now.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #29  
When you first said you were running the tractor with the main door open, I had to re-read that. That glass weighs alot and from an engineering point of view I will guarantee you Yanmar did not, nor does any manufacturer recommend running with the main door open. As robust as you think those hinges are, they are not designed to carry the weight of the glass while shaking continuously. You need the door supported at the latch. The gaskets also cushion and stabilize the door. Good luck.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #30  
I had a similar experience and the cost was similar. You broke your right side door though. I thought it interesting that when my dealer sold me my left side replacement door, he said he has sold dozens of left side doors but only a couple right side doors. Seems people prefer to leave the left door open more than the right door. Most tractors get entered mainly from the left side (a carry over from getting on horses, I guess)
The FEL control lever is in the way somewhat on the right side. If you notice, the cab model has no step on the right side. I have a full size John Deere 310SE backhoe. Open station. It is set up so there are steps and entry handles on both sides but it's awkward climbing in on the right trying not to move the loader control.