YT359C Door glass blow up

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #11  
800 is cheap. Had to replace the door glass on the left side of my M9 cab tractor some years back and it was just under a grand, shipping to the dealer included and I installed it myself and reused the old rubber gasket Caught mine on the barn door edge.

After that, I always close my doors when moving. If I want fresh air versus ac, I'll open the back window or the side windows turn the blower on fresh air and go with that.

Isn't it amazing how the big door turns into a small pile of shattered glass?

My shredder as well as my discbine have guards on them and my shredder(s) have chain guards instead of rubber.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up
You shouldn’t need a new gasket. You can chip all the glass out of it and reuse it.
Been removing the chips but it is a real PITA. Wife was watching and said, just order a new gasket!
Everything taken apart now, just in the wait period.
Yanmars, thanks for the info.!

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #13  
Glass doors break all the time. I never move the tractor without the doors shut. Have seen them get busted by almost anything. Gate posts, rocks, barn doors, etc. They are dang expensive to replace too. Would hate to bust a glass door or bend a metal door up.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #14  
LOL, not a tractor

But I collected a new fleet car @ abut 11;30and decided to lunch at a close by McDonalds.
OK, I locked the doors B4 closing them.
Well SURPRISE, the back window blew out.
Now remember this car is a mere 2 hours from dealer delivery.

OK, **** does happen, BUT on a new (supposedly) serviced car?

Dealer called me, new door glass arrived via freight. That was quick! Lucky they had one at the Georgia assembly plant. Cost $214.00 S&H, so I am out $1200 now. Now I have to re-assemble the hardware. Then making up a set of templates on large format tracing parchment to send of to the UK for some Tractor Guard covers. A future investment and no more blown doors...hopefully.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #16  
I had a similar experience and the cost was similar. You broke your right side door though. I thought it interesting that when my dealer sold me my left side replacement door, he said he has sold dozens of left side doors but only a couple right side doors. Seems people prefer to leave the left door open more than the right door. Most tractors get entered mainly from the left side (a carry over from getting on horses, I guess)

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #17  
My tractor don't move is a door is open
and when I go to shut the door I wait until
I have to door to about 3 or 4 inches to closing
then give door push to shut cab is almost air
tight. Ran the a/c unit yesterday and almost
froze just getting the 15 to 20 minutes of use
so the seals don't dry out

willy

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #18  
Well, after 12 years of bragging that i never broken any glass…..i shattered my front windshield into a million pieces. had a rock blown into windshield from a snowblower. Good thing its a relatively inexpensive piece of glass as dealer quoted me $617 delivered to their shop in town, bad thing is, it may take 2 months to get it as theres a national shortage of glass. I knew about that from trying to replace tempered window in house that was broken by rock from mower. Took over a month to get glass.

i picked up a sheet of plexiglass from homedepot and made a temporary windshield. At least i can keep the snow and rain out until windshield comes in.

i actually thought this huge piece of curved glass would be over $1500. Was surprised it was not too bad. Im going to install it myself.

/ YT359C Door glass blow up #19  
We had a snowmobile trail groomer that was actually a New Holland tractor hauled 50 miles for some warranty work, when they brought it back it was 10 below zero, they unloaded it and drove it into the grooming shed, everything seemed fine but the next morning when I went to get it out of the shed there was glass everywhere, the right side door glass had exploded. Took a couple days but They replaced the glass under warranty, they said the glass probably got chipped while they were hauling it and that’s probably what caused it to explode later in the heated shop. We ran that groomer for quite a few years and never experienced another exploded window.

Last edited:
New door is now in. It took about six hours work. Worst part was hooking up the handle assembly followed by holding the door up and getting the pins aligned and dropped in. A bit of loosening of the hinges while adjusting the door and gasket into the groove, then the striker plate adjustment. Nice fit. The reason the right door gets used in the open position on a nice day is the exhaust pipe is on the left side and low. Forward movement forces the exhaust fumes right into the cab. Not the best design for an exhaust pipe outlet. And it all started with the voles moving into the field, who would have thought...