YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering

/ YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering #1  

cabover4us

Silver Member
Tractor
1987 john deere 855 sold and bought a YT235 Yanmar, love this tractor
Trailering my yt235 loader backhoe. Tractor 2582lbs, backhoe 842, does anybody know how much the YL310 loader weighs by itself?
I'm guessing same as backhoe or maybe 1000lbs
Had a gem of a day yesterday reason for this posted question.
Helping future son in law by volunteering to dig electric service trench 100'. This is an older Doolittle 16' pipe trailer 1992 year model, just replaced axles that were completely rusted clear through. Loaded tractor, chained down, didnt get mile away and first left turn heard bang, bang, bang. Up to Cemetery Road right turn slight bang. Down 1000 feet and truck shutters and I watch right rear rear tire and rim go flying off. Car behind me stopped hard but missed tire and rim or should I say the rest of the rim. Welds broke around the rim. Have some damage, but could have been much, much worse.
Trailer right hand light box bent, fender completely wrecked, then the torsion mount riped forward and tore the welds.
Moral of the story stop immediately, first vibrations should have pulled over, could have saved all the damage. If there were a silver lining good thing I was on back farm roads, and a thank you to Jeremiah, one of Tylers friends was the fella behind me, he retrieved the tire and rim from the corn field then helped me off load tractor and chain up axle. Short embarrassing drive home, then Jesse brought me back to ride tractor home.
New tires and rims will be ordered, plus trying to find aluminum light box with 2 - 4" holes to accommodate LEDs. 1598052705616.jpeg1598052749457.jpeg

/ YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering #2  
check out "https://www.yanmar.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2017_YT235_brochure_LZ-1-LOW-RES.pdf"

It has the bucket weight at 298 lbs and the loader weight at 617lbs.

/ YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering #3  
Is that a 6 lug 5200 pound axle trailer? Even if it was a 3500 pound tandem it should have been enough.

/ YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering
Both are dexter axles which are 3500lbs, trailer is a 7000lb gross. Just bought tires and wheels 5 lug, and now fenders. Light boxes are all rusted pretty bad, were napas version of a Fruehauf trailer light box so probably update to aluminum pre-formed boxes.
Friday morning I installed tires and drove into Greenwich to stop at Viking Fabrication for an estimate on welding broken stabilizer mount and straighten fender mount. Few more parts, brake away battery, pull away cable, straighten rear tailboard, tailboard was bent from son lending my trailer to his buddy (friend) not knowing how to load and unload car that was lowered. Both rear pipes, which makes up the spine of the trailer, are showing some rot 12" in from rear edges. More heavy tube is on order. This trailer pulls like a dream, smooth as silk.

/ YT235 Figuring Weights for trailering
Thought I would speak of some updates on the Doolittle trailer. New wheels and tires, and at Viking for small welding job plus straightening of fender mount. New axles and suspension, only thing left to do is replace wooden floor and POR
the new fenders and mount and check wiring for some issues.