Here we are expecting rain for the next 5
days so tractor will get a rest. The grass
will be turning green which means it has
to be cut, just glad to see the green grass
when all we had was brown grass until
now

willy

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #72  
It doesn't matter what it costs to me at this point. I have several medical issues that limit my ability. I have tried to hire services and workers to complete what I was not able to do. The lawn service started out good, but soon lowered the quality of their work and often did not show up as often as they had agreed. I also can't find hourly workers that will show up or actually do work when they did even though I was paying well above the going rate. I use the tractor for everything--including taking my trash cans up the drive to the curb. I added the MMM which I can leave on most of the time and I can mow when needed and the quality is much better than the service I was using. I have a quick attach front snow plow which makes fairly quick work of my long driveway. I have the loader to move things around the yard. I have quick attach forks for items that don't fit in the loader. I have a 55 gal boom sprayer and do my own weed/pest control exactly when it is needed.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #73  
A lot of this discussion smacks of the recent discussion that was in this thread.
In response to that thread, I had reported on my 20 years of ownership: Maintenance, add-ons, and fuel amounts to about $237.50 per year.
Or looking at it another way, dividing the nearly 900 hours by 20 years, it works out to just over $5.25/meter hour plus my time.
There is no way you are going to hire out man and equipment for that time. Plus, with no add-ons, my tractor alone today is worth more than I paid for it 20 years ago.
Granted, mine is only a SCUT and I am not working 100-1000 acres, but I cannot put a price on the enjoyment that I have had from owning my own equipment and doing jobs myself.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #74  
Having a tractor is like having an extra hand
Always there when you need it. Just can't
depend on the people of today,. they just want
to; party forget work or helping others get paid
for doing nothing so they can party. See they
have a new deadly drug that the kids are taking
and killing them selves with overdose like 2 gms
is an overdose what a shame!

willy

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #76  
I never worry about costs. I look at the convenience and all the work I get done and that is a lot. It's absolutely amazing what one man and a tractor can do.
I agree with this. Every tractor I've had has had a backhoe.. I probably use it more than any other attachment. Cost of ownership Priceless !!

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #77  
I agree with this. Every tractor I've had has had a backhoe.. I probably use it more than any other attachment. Cost of ownership Priceless !!
I didn't buy mine with a backhoe. I added it a year later. I should have bought it with the tractor.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #78  
I contracted myself out to do the trimming for the second year in a row, regardless of how much it is costing me. And each year I've received an additional $4k in mad money, which isn't much, but it was enough for me to purchase a forestry winch for my tractor.
Thanks, Showbox

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #79  
My John Deere 2555 was purchased with money. I took out a $30k loan on the package deal when I purchased the Tractor M7040. I had some epiphanies thanks to Paul Lawson, therefore I finished it early. When I bought the tractor, I started charging the tractor's expenses by transferring $25 a week to a different bank fund. To help with tractor maintenance when the hdo box not working on android, then I get a cheque from the organization I cut for. (It isn't enough for me to break even, simply cover my expenses.) The tractor's upkeep is taken out of the money. It actually costs more than $3500, but if you don't count interest, over the past seven years I believe it cost me less than $25 per week.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #80  
It doesn't matter what it costs to me at this point. I have several medical issues that limit my ability. I have tried to hire services and workers to complete what I was not able to do. The lawn service started out good, but soon lowered the quality of their work and often did not show up as often as they had agreed. I also can't find hourly workers that will show up or actually do work when they did even though I was paying well above the going rate. I use the tractor for everything--including taking my trash cans up the drive to the curb. I added the MMM which I can leave on most of the time and I can mow when needed and the quality is much better than the service I was using. I have a quick attach front snow plow which makes fairly quick work of my long driveway. I have the loader to move things around the yard. I have quick attach forks for items that don't fit in the loader. I have a 55 gal boom sprayer and do my own weed/pest control exactly when it is needed.
It’s hard to get anyone to do anything now.