Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #41  
Insurance: Required as part of the 0% financing. I get it through a local agent for $275/year.
I would like to know more about the insurance policy you have on the tractor. I have tried, in the past, to get insurance on my tractor and other land management equipment. I've been told by three different agents (State Farm, Farmers, and Allstate) that in the state of Michigan I can not get coverage on this equipment individually but it is covered under my homeowner's insurance. The issue with this is the maximum value covered is $25,000.00.

When I acquired the equipment, all new from my local Kubota dealer, I opted for the KTAC coverage which expired once the loan was paid down.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership
I would like to know more about the insurance policy you have on the tractor.

I have a State Farm "Personal Articles Policy" written for the fully financed amount. I'd have to check but I probably have a $1k deductible. Weird that your state farm agent couldn't do it. We do have our homeowners insurance through this guy and my wife's family has used this agent for many years, so maybe he's willing to take the time to write a weird policy that he wouldn't do for some rando walkup.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #43  
I would like to know more about the insurance policy you have on the tractor. I have tried, in the past, to get insurance on my tractor and other land management equipment. I've been told by three different agents (State Farm, Farmers, and Allstate) that in the state of Michigan I can not get coverage on this equipment individually but it is covered under my homeowner's insurance. The issue with this is the maximum value covered is $25,000.00.

When I acquired the equipment, all new from my local Kubota dealer, I opted for the KTAC coverage which expired once the loan was paid down.
Ask your agent to look into Auto-Owners Insurance Co.

My tractor is covered under the liability clause of my home owners policy. I can drive it on the street and am covered if I cause damage to others. My agent used the purchase price for replacement value if it is damaged on the road.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #44  
Insurance is a bit of a scam in its totality. My house can not be harmed by a flood, hurricane, hail, earth quake or vandalized. But I can't get any insurance on wild fires, it is an exclusion buried deep in the terms. They protect you from things that are not likely to happen. And will not protect you from the most likely in their actuarial charts. I ONLY want insurance on wild fires and nothing else. When you pin them down on that one thing, they all go, "no, not covered." Many people discovered this after the hollywood fire that there was an exclusion for wild fires. .

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #45  
Insurance is a bit of a scam in its totality. My house can not be harmed by a flood, hurricane, hail, earth quake or vandalized. But I can't get any insurance on wild fires, it is an exclusion buried deep in the terms. They protect you from things that are not likely to happen. And will not protect you from the most likely in their actuarial charts. I ONLY want insurance on wild fires and nothing else. When you pin them down on that one thing, they all go, "no, not covered." Many people discovered this after the hollywood fire that there was an exclusion for wild fires. .
Is this new because we have friends that lost homes in the Oakland Fire Storm and Insurance took care of all of them in the end…

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #46  

Depends where you live but a proper farm and ranch policy will insure your equipment at replacement value. A insurance company like Homepage, there is probably a comparable in Michigan. The companies you mention will not cover you.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #47  
Dad repainted the JD M, but my old Ford is still in its “work clothes”. It earned its pay today, getting in the last of my food plots for the year (wheat / clover)
View attachment 760001

Still has all the original 1952 Goodyear tires also. They don’t make them like that anymore.
I hope you are getting some rain on your plots , mine have all burnt up, No rain in a month since planting.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #48  
I hope you are getting some rain on your plots , mine have all burnt up, No rain in a month since planting.
We have not had a lot of rain over most of the summer, here near the Canadian border, in upstate NY. I only got in a couple acres of RR corn this spring, but it looks ok. It got the rain when it needed it. The deer are hitting it pretty hard now. A couple of inches of rain, over the last two weeks, has been adding bushels faster than they are taking it away.
4D28F5E0-5CF4-446E-BA94-170A5EA04036.jpeg

My early sweetcorn (planted at the same time) was a total loss, mostly due to the lack of rain and the weeds. My later sweetcorn planting is looking pretty good though, again thanks to that couple inches rain the last two weeks.

It was pretty dry, when I planted turnips (Whitetail Institute Tall Tine Tubers) shortly before that rain, but they are looking very good now. I see that there is rain in the forecast for this Tuesday, so hopefully we will get a good soaking to get the wheat/clover that I planted Saturday going.

/ Your Yearly Cost of Tractor Ownership #50  
Never pencilled it out actually. Has to be appreciable but I turn everything into the accountant and pay him to sort it out.