You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,991  
Who made the quote “Everybody counts or nobody counts” famous? First book was published in 1992.
Although I love the California I saw last year for vacation, end of the day probably wouldn't move there for gun laws alone, let alone house prices I looked at ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,992  
IMG_1267.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,994  
My wife gets upset with me because that's what our yard is for ;)
My wife's father died when she was 2 and there was only her sister and mother at that point. They led a quiet sheltered life but when she was 16 or so she started dating. She tells the story of her boyfriend standing in the corner of the yard one day for a minute, so she asked him what he was doing. Apparently, he said "I had to piss". She said, "Standing up?".

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,995  
Don't know why people complain about price increases when the truth is your dollars have less value and no one seems to consider that. The more money printed the less value for the dollar.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,996  
Easy... too use to electronics where not only does cost plummet but features grow exponentially.

Computers, TV's, Internet, etc.

Then there is the cost of calling long distance or internationally...

Air travel also has amazing niche markets, etc...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,998  
I was referring to a commercial made famous by a little ol lady that said. "Where's the beef"?

If you remember the commercial you would know the rest of the story.
"Pop, Pop, Fizz, Fizz, Ooh,... what a relief it is ." :)
The ol lady was an actor named Clara Peller. She died in 1987. She was world famous for the "Where is the beef?" TV commercial by Wendy's during the election cycle of 1984.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,999  
Took out 20K in cash at my bank end of last year, no problem, same day and If I had to give them a reason, I'd close the account.

Keep in mind, 8k in 1977 is 40K given inflation in 2024.
This is Kanuckistan. Same rules in the banks. Turdo has to know everything going on with the little he doesn't tax away.