You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,591  
Yeah, sad news, if it comes to be. The free market spoke, by choosing reliability over cost. So, now we have to destroy that free market choice! :rolleyes:

It's actually being framed as practices that discourage use of competitive products, as in MMS'ing videos, etc. But that's not Apple choosing to leave others behind, as industry multi-source agreements and standards just not keeping up with Apple development.
The "free market" seems to have chosen Windows for desktop computers, and I- vs Android cellphones is pretty much an even race.
Never really got what the big hype was over Apple stuff. Never saw them as any better, just more expensive. I've tended to avoid them since most of their stuff is proprietary.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,592  
When you put your feet on the floor to put the socks on.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,594  
True Story. I run my families General Contracting business. Get a phone call Monday of Holy Week. Caller "Do you do replacement windows?" I tell him "Yes we do." Caller asks, "Do you have sample you could bring over and show me?" I reply that yes, we do have samples and I would be happy to bring them to his home. He then says, "Friday is Good Friday, I have the day off, I will be home all day." I said "So will I." He then asks "What?" So I replied " You said Friday was Good Friday and that you had the day off and will be home all day. And I said "So will I." He then seemed confused and asked "So you are not coming on Friday?" I said "No." He then asked "Then, when can you come and bring the samples?" I told him I could come to his house Monday any time after 8AM. He said "Monday? I will be at work." I said "So will I."

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,595  
True Story. I run my families General Contracting business. Get a phone call Monday of Holy Week. Caller "Do you do replacement windows?" I tell him "Yes we do." Caller asks, "Do you have sample you could bring over and show me?" I reply that yes, we do have samples and I would be happy to bring them to his home. He then says, "Friday is Good Friday, I have the day off, I will be home all day." I said "So will I." He then asks "What?" So I replied " You said Friday was Good Friday and that you had the day off and will be home all day. And I said "So will I." He then seemed confused and asked "So you are not coming on Friday?" I said "No." He then asked "Then, when can you come and bring the samples?" I told him I could come to his house Monday any time after 8AM. He said "Monday? I will be at work." I said "So will I."

Ha. Reminds me of “Who’s on First”!

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,597  
You know you are old if you ever gave a cashier $5 for a 42 cent purchase and the cashier counted the change back to you starting with the 42 cents and ending at $5 when all the change was in your hand. Even older if you did that :)
As a young child, I thought that my parents were getting all their money back when the cashier did that.

I also thought that they got gas for free, because they just handed the attendant the gas station credit card, and they got the card back.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,598  
As a young child, I thought that my parents were getting all their money back when the cashier did that.

I also thought that they got gas for free, because they just handed the attendant the gas station credit card, and they got the card back.
... and what was it like, riding the short bus?

j/k :D I'm sure I did dumber stuff than that, at various ages.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,599  
We purposely spent $650 on change dispensers connected to the pos (point of sale/register) to avoid confused uneducated staff making change. The manager fills it and the staff have to hand out the bills the pos tells them to give. We must make it easy or they'll be giving wrong change their whole shift.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,600  
We purposely spent $650 on change dispensers connected to the pos (point of sale/register) to avoid confused uneducated staff making change. The manager fills it and the staff have to hand out the bills the pos tells them to give. We must make it easy or they'll be giving wrong change their whole shift.

Says a lot about US education. A whole lot.