You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,581  
It is amazing what can be done —- I only worry about being “hacked” somehow. But, it should send an alert whenever door is unlocked.
If you had something real valuable it could probably be "hacked" and not send an alarm.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,582  
What's perhaps more interesting about MTV, than their first day, is the list of videos they played ad-nauseum. I remember one summer (1990?) when it seemed every third video they played was Queensryche's Silent Lucidity. Great tune, the first 3 times you hear it, but you're subjected to it 4 times per hour for 4 months, it really loses its luster.

The first of these, "please kill me if I hear it again" MTV music videos was "Hey Mickey" by Toni Basil. "Relax" from Frankie Goes to Hollywood, "I'm so sexy" from Right Said Fred, "Gonna make you sweat (Everybody dance now)" from C+C Music Factory, the symphonic derailment from Metallica, "Groove is in the heart" from Dee Lite. MC Hammer? Who else?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,583  
In case you haven't been following the news...the "Justice" Department is suing Apple because of that "closed" system that makes it so bug-free. If they win Apple will have to open up iOS to other developers and that vaunted Apple dependability will be no more. Leave it to our own government to screw up a good thing......
Yeah, sad news, if it comes to be. The free market spoke, by choosing reliability over cost. So, now we have to destroy that free market choice! :rolleyes:

It's actually being framed as practices that discourage use of competitive products, as in MMS'ing videos, etc. But that's not Apple choosing to leave others behind, as industry multi-source agreements and standards just not keeping up with Apple development.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,584  
My father had that for the greenhouses 40 years ago. If the power went out or it got below a certain temperature, it would call the house or any other number he programmed in. He also could call and find out that the power was on and what the temperature was.
BINGO.

I do get the concept though of the ability to "control everything in your home" remotely. Honestly, I don't care for it. Particularly if you have a fully modulating compressor. Leave everything at the same temp and come back to the same temp.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,585  
IMG_1086.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,586  
You know you are old if you ever gave a cashier $5 for a 42 cent purchase and the cashier counted the change back to you starting with the 42 cents and ending at $5 when all the change was in your hand. Even older if you did that :)

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,587  
Earliest reality based TV show you remember watching was judge wapner, In the early eighties. The peoples court is also were I got all my legal advice from when I was younger lol.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,588  
You know you are old if you ever gave a cashier $5 for a 42 cent purchase and the cashier counted the change back to you starting with the 42 cents and ending at $5 when all the change was in your hand. Even older if you did that :)
That's the way that I was taught to make change when I was about 12.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,590  
Ive always love electronic gadgets. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just the opposite here. Worked in a tech field most of my career, and much like a retired truck driver who never wants to go on a trip ever again I have no interest in gadgetry for the sake of gadgetry. Enjoying the simple life.