You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,391  
Remember my grandmother always commenting her reunions were getting smaller and smaller when she passed away at 92 her last reunion was at a supper club on a 4 seat table for a noon luncheon, previously were located at banquet halls in the evening.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,393  
I would interpret that to mean that there weren't enough that were still coming to the reunions.

I went to my 20th, and that was it. I was glad I went, but I wasn't interested in making it a regular thing.

One of the things that surprised me was that the high school cliques still seemed to be in place. I figured that we are all adults now and would interact on a different level, but the people that wouldn't want to talk to me in high school didn't seem interested in talking to me twenty years later.
That's what I was getting ready to write. I went to mine and the losers and azz-hats of many decades earlier were unchanged and unrepentant. Looking back at what they were long ago was about the same as the careers they wound up in.

My best friend, ironically was a Fonzie kind of guy that had the babes, the hot rods and was so cool he was untouchable. He's still cool. The nerds of then seemed to fare the best.

The kid that I wanted to beat to a pulp still had that attitude but now it doesn't matter. Not many of us left but next time around I'll pass.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,395  
That's what I was getting ready to write. I went to mine and the losers and azz-hats of many decades earlier were unchanged and unrepentant. Looking back at what they were long ago was about the same as the careers they wound up in.

My best friend, ironically was a Fonzie kind of guy that had the babes, the hot rods and was so cool he was untouchable. He's still cool. The nerds of then seemed to fare the best.

The kid that I wanted to beat to a pulp still had that attitude but now it doesn't matter. Not many of us left but next time around I'll pass.
That is exactly how I thought it would be - hence I never went BUT I do belong to the high school website. Joined when looking for a friend. Found him in the grave :( . Chatted with an old girlfriend. That was fun :LOL:

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,398  
Wow, that's a lot of people dying in their forties! It seems like something is going wrong in that demographic beyond normal aging.
Very true. The high school was in an old building that always had smoke from the incinerator burning outside .
Quite a few students were older, some older than the teachers . Lots of farmers...a mixture of car, truck, farm accidents & cancer. Over half smoked cigarettes (never heard of pot) & everyone drank .

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,399  
I've stopped seeing obits of classmates parents and teachers.
I'm seeing obits for classmates.
I put a small checkmark in my high school year book.
I'm starting to get some pages with multiple checkmarks.
I do the same with my high school yearbook. Over a third of my class is now deceased. This year would be my 60th class reunion - but there has been no talk about having one.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,400  
I went to my 20th, and that was it. I was glad I went, but I wasn't interested in making it a regular thing.

One of the things that surprised me was that the high school cliques still seemed to be in place. I figured that we are all adults now and would interact on a different level, but the people that wouldn't want to talk to me in high school didn't seem interested in talking to me twenty years later.
I went to my 40th, 60th coming up in a couple years but don't plan on going. Almost none of the kids I hung with in HS were there, and it was kind of boring being around a bunch of people I didn't know very well then and are essentially strangers now. I'll cut some slack on the "wouldn't talk to me" thing...I was pretty quiet and relatively invisible in HS, so it's likely no one really even knew I was there.
I moved away from my hometown shortly after graduation, so no real connection to the place other than seeing my sisters at holidays.

The nerds of then seemed to fare the best.
One thing I noticed at my 40th was that the best looking women were the ones you never really noticed in HS, quite a few of the ones I thought were hot in school looked well past their prime.