You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,251  
Stress and people hate to see them!
The stress involved with seeing people in pain consistantly, for the Dentist.

The shame and guilt of misdiagnosis and then the death of the patient for Doctors.

Both of the above from a survey for reasons Dentists and Doctors leave thier profession and why the suicide rates are high for them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,252  
The stress involved with seeing people in pain consistantly, for the Dentist.

The shame and guilt of misdiagnosis and then the death of the patient for Doctors.

Both of the above from a survey for reasons Dentists and Doctors leave thier profession and why the suicide rates are high for them.
Vets are double MD’s and DDS. Four times general population. I think it is the stress of constantly putting down animals.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,253  
We enjoy watching Mountain Men on the history channel. One episode had Eustis fixing up and selling a saw presumably made to cut firewood. It consisted of a 2' (+/-) dia. blade with no guards and a V-shaped trough on a hinge to hold the piece being cut. All I could think was what could possibly go wrong using one of these? :eek:
My paternal grandfather had one of those that mounted to the front of his John Deere tractor. I remember my dad and him going the the woods and cutting firewood and stacking it on a hay wagon.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,254  
My paternal grandfather had one of those that mounted to the front of his John Deere tractor. I remember my dad and him going the the woods and cutting firewood and stacking it on a hay wagon.
Mine too operated off the tractor belt drive… and then on the hay wagon.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,255  
Those are pretty interesting imo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309-221150.png
    Screenshot_20240309-221150.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,256  
What did you think is the reason? They both make good money.
I don't know about doctors, but WRT dentists, their entire life's work is fighting decay. But decay is inevitable, and will always win, especially when the daily battle is out of their hands.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,257  
Those are pretty interesting imo.
My father converted one of these to go on the 3pth of the 8N. When he traded that tractor for his first Kubota, he also bought a new saw rig, which we used until he stopped doing firewood. He couldn't understand why anybody would use a chain saw to cut the wood up.

I hated it. I was the guy taking off the end, and when we were cutting a big piece would have to brace myself to keep from getting pulled into the blade.
When he died it was the first thing that we sold.

He also had an arbor with a smaller blade which he had planned go hook up to his one lunger except that he never had time.
I've been looking at that, thinking it would be handy for cutting up slabwood, as well as smaller trees... 8 foot lengths of 4" stems.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,258  
My grandfather had what I think was a David Bradley walk behind that had a 2' plus saw blade, the blade ran flat to the ground, no guards of any kind and was used for cutting brush. Never did see it used but even as a kid I thought it was crazy dangerous, if the blade were to hang on something to kick it sideways you would be literally cutoff at the knees.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,259  
I don't know about doctors, but WRT dentists, their entire life's work is fighting decay. But decay is inevitable, and will always win, especially when the daily battle is out of their hands.

I wonder why nurses don’t have a similar suicide rate?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,260  
Vets are double MD’s and DDS. Four times general population. I think it is the stress of constantly putting down animals.
what about abattoir workers? 🐮🐷🐔🐴