You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When
#1,233  
Throw the rope up over the roof and tie it off to my truck bumper! :D

Yes - but be sure to leave the keys in the ignition and a cold 6 pack on the passenger seat.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,234  
Speaking of old —- Watching Casablanca tonite. Best movie ever!

View attachment 856219
What a great movie and the black and white makes it even better. Rather than just watching the primary actors, try watching what's going on in the background. It's as good as the movie itself and icing on the cake.
What a wonder choice for a movie. 👏

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,235  
In those days to get up there, you pulled yourself up in a bosons chair with an old manila rope. No OSHA back then.

Occasionally the manila rope would get jammed in the pulley at the top. His brother, a former professional boxer would climb hand over hand up the 300’ stopping once about half way up to rest.

They don’t make men like that any more.

Ya did what you had to!
Does anyone REALLY want to return to those days? Yeah, I know we all crab about poorly thought out "safety" gadgetry, but I kinda like still having all my fingers. Way too many of those "real men" never saw their 50th birthday.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,236  
You know you're old.when you put your sweatshirt on over your tee shirt because you're cold. Pretty soon, you have to remove the sweat shirt to take your blood pressure and remember, that's why you had it off when you got cold.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,237  
Does anyone REALLY want to return to those days? Yeah, I know we all crab about poorly thought out "safety" gadgetry, but I kinda like still having all my fingers. Way too many of those "real men" never saw their 50th birthday.
I watch lots of YouTube videos to learn to do things the most suitable way. If the presenter has a finger missing, it makes me think I should watch someone else.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,238  
I watch lots of YouTube videos to learn to do things the most suitable way. If the presenter has a finger missing, it makes me think I should watch someone else.
That reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad had a friend that was a Doctor. He liked to help farm when he had the time. We were picking corn with a one row corn picker and a flat wagon. I was riding in the wagon when the Dr. arrived. My dad started the picker and I saw the Dr. doing something at the side of it. I then saw the Dr. running up to the house yelling something.
The Dr. had been removing stalks and didn't see a moving chain under the stalks and his index finger got sliced off. My dad later found the finger and had it in a sealed glass jar with formaldehyde. I remember taking the finger to show and tell at school once.
I always wondered if the Dr., who worked in the emergency room, was that careless with his patients. He continued to work as a Dr. and used his middle finger as his index finger.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,239  
Out of decades of habit you put hospital corners in your bedding every time you make it?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,240  
That reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad had a friend that was a Doctor. He liked to help farm when he had the time. We were picking corn with a one row corn picker and a flat wagon. I was riding in the wagon when the Dr. arrived. My dad started the picker and I saw the Dr. doing something at the side of it. I then saw the Dr. running up to the house yelling something.
The Dr. had been removing stalks and didn't see a moving chain under the stalks and his index finger got sliced off. My dad later found the finger and had it in a sealed glass jar with formaldehyde. I remember taking the finger to show and tell at school once.
I always wondered if the Dr., who worked in the emergency room, was that careless with his patients. He continued to work as a Dr. and used his middle finger as his index finger.

Doctors are the 3rd leading cause of deaths in the US.

I try to avoid doctors and being misdiagnosed.