You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #342  
Last week at my sister‘s funeral in front of a couple of my sisters my daughter brought up the fact that I don’t want to have a fancy funeral. All I wanna be is roasted and toasted and sprinkled out in the woods.

My brother-in-law, who is 12 years older than me stated that’s what he wanted. My sister just looked at him and gave him a dirty look.

Why do people feel the need to consume so many dollars to put on a fancy funeral for a couple days and then consume a burial spot for ever?
It could be religious...?

Scattering runs contrary to some very large beliefs.

A niche in a Columbarium can hold generations in a small space.

I remember taking my 4 year old niece for her first visit and she told her sisters she has never seen so many trophies...

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #344  
Man I danced myself into oblivion with the ladies when the Bee Gees were playing.
Best girl-gettin music of all time. Couldn’t help but grab someone and dance when they came on.
They were a little before my time, I was a little shaver when they were big. But they endured into the 80’s.

Later in the 80’s, we had this one night club I used to be able to get into underaged with my rat pack of friends and a group of girls. We drank & danced to a lot of their tunes.

I think they were the only group ever to have 4 out of the 5 top songs in the country all at once. And the 5th was written by Barry Gibb, but sung by someone else.
Does it count if I helped carpeting their Oakland house?

No dance moves as floor covering is knee focused...

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #345  
Looks like it goes on the floor mounted dimmer switch to match the throttle pedal.
The 1941 Dodge 1-1/2 ton flat bed I used to "run around in" had a floor pedal starter. The key switch didn't do but turn on the electricals. The floor pedal actuated a mechanical "bendix" to engage the fly wheel.
It was a hold over from when the the floor pedal starter actually gave the engine flywheel a nudge .

Oopps! I'm giving away my age......

/ You Know You Are Old When #346  
Exactly how do you do that?? ;)

That said, still remember the resturant my dad and I were at when I played them on the juke box.

I remember the last time I saw a new jukebox somewhere at a restaurant. I was like "what, no records?" LOL
The Bee Gees were cool before disco, disco ruined them

/ You Know You Are Old When #348  
Ahh, a natural falsetto is a real hook!