You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #951  
The tooth fairy left our kids a gold dollar coin each time. They seemed to like it.
We did the gold dollar coins, and my kids always said they were getting ripped off... their friends all got $5!

/ You Know You Are Old When #952  
Tell them you'll do it yourself next time...

IMG_3614.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #953  
Dad used side cutters on us...no dentist. The tooth fairy was never mentioned.

/ You Know You Are Old When #955  
My first savings book was similar to this one. The advertising on the cover was different.

il_794xN.5120374858_vszb.jpg
I probably still have one up in the shed with all of the other junk I've been carting around for 45 years.

No doubt the money's gone though. ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When #956  
Oh yeah, those are great to store and somewhat organize old plastic shopping bags in. Although I've found old plastic coffee containers with a slit cut in the lid work better.
We just use another plastic bag, hang it on a nail in the cellar stairway.

As far as kleenex box covers go, I vaguely recall my mother using one when I was in my early teens. Don't recall how long she used it.
You're getting old when you remember the Tooth Fairy leaving a dime under your pillow.
Inflation must have struck, I think I got a quarter.

/ You Know You Are Old When #957  
My first savings book was similar to this one. The advertising on the cover was different.

il_794xN.5120374858_vszb.jpg
Don't remember ever seeing anything like that, though when I was in the 5th grade or so coin collecting was a bit of a fad at my school, and the storage books were similar...had separate ones for various coins...nickels in one, pennies in another, all labeled for year and any variations in that year. Trouble is, I'd raid it when I needed money for something, taking the more common coins first figuring they'd be the easiest to replace. Sometimes they did, other times not.

/ You Know You Are Old When #959  
Remember the string tied to the loose tooth and to a doorknob? I think I or my brother tried it, getting the nerve up to slam the door was I’m sure the hardest part. 😆
I've seen it done in the movies. We just yanked ours.