You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,911  
Not sure what you mean by that, but it annoys me that every business seems to require you to have their aap in order to get in on promotions, special offers, etc. Guess that makes me old...
And/or be on Facebook. I get quite frustrated when trying to find out about a business, only to be sent to that site. You can get some info without logging in, but not all of it.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,912  
Some woman get offended with the term wife beaters, same with the once sought after truck nuts hanging off the receiver.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,913  
By thongs do you mean those cheapo sandals that are held on by your toes? I still call them that. I remember when thong bathing suits were just coming on the scene a friend of mine who lived in another part of the country commenting on how everyone was getting all worked up about teenage girls wearing thongs at the beach. I had no idea at the time what he was talking about.
Never heard the term kangaroo jacket.
Yes to the thongs. I only wore them for a short time while I was a counselor at a boys camp on the beach, Bugged me big time. A kangaroo jacket had the pouch in the front with an opening on each side for a pocket. I never wore one of those either.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,917  
Start getting crankier with technology...

New church group has a group text. It's like dealing with people who get an email at work and they hit "respond all" and some guy in another state is telling you something you don't need or particularly want to read but he sends it to all the employees, be it 5 guys or 5,000 guys.

For myself, if I get a group text, I'm only replying to the originator of the group text because I most likely have their contact info in my phone.

These group texts get ridiculous IMO and I ask to be removed from the texts.

The pastor asks everyone if we'd be ok dealing with a App. I'm fine with that as this way my wife can deal with it and let me know what we're doing because I'm going to ask her anyways so I DON'T download the app.

Apparently unbeknownst to me, if you don't download the app, you will STILL get texts. My phone is "blowing up" with texts all day yesterday on a bunch of people trying to figure out when people can volunteer time, this while I'm had 2 meetings and a lunch meeting yesterday.

I explained to my wife that my phone is generally for family and work. I live off my phone for work and last thing I want is 20 yahoos on a group text talking to the originator of the group text telling them things I have absolutely no interests in and basically what I figure is stupid trivial stuff.

So, I ask to be removed from this "chat group" again yesterday. Wife is mad because I sent it to EVERYONE in the group chat. I honestly don't care. Wife asks me how the pastor is to communicate with everyone. I just tell her that you tell people the time and day you need them and if they can make it, they make it and if they can't, they can't.

I forget exactly how people communicated with each other before cell phones LOL
I'm pretty sure there's a way for your pastor to send out a BCC text message to a group. Only the pastor can see all of the recipients, and the recipients can only reply to the pastor, not anyone else on the group.

Similar to BCC lists in email.

Of course, if the pastor is encouraging a group discussion, this will defeat that purpose.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,918  
Yes to the thongs. I only wore them for a short time while I was a counselor at a boys camp on the beach, Bugged me big time. A kangaroo jacket had the pouch in the front with an opening on each side for a pocket. I never wore one of those either.
A pull-over hoodie?

IMG_3869.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,919  
I'm confused, I thought when a female wore those skimpy stringy butt showing bathing suits the official name was thongs and we called that butt floss.

Then again expensive flip flops were also called thongs.

So what are thongs???