YM1500 loader capacity

/ YM1500 loader capacity #1  

reb

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM1500D
Does anyone have an idea how much weight a loader on a 1500D can lift? I am considering ordering a generator which weighs about 450# and wonder if I should be looking for a way to unload it from a truck when it arrives.

/ YM1500 loader capacity #2  
I would have to believe you have no problem lifting that much weight as long as you had some kind of weight on the back to act as a counterweight. Maybe have the tiller hooked up.

/ YM1500 loader capacity #3  
I pulled a Chevelle V-8 engine with transmission (500-600 #'s ??) using a YM1401D loader. I just had my son sit on the box scraper for extra ballast. Most the loaders I get will lift 800-1000lbs, but will pick up the back of the tractor if you don't have ballast.

/ YM1500 loader capacity
Thanks, Jim and Durbob. Maybe I can convince the wife to be ballast if the box blade is not enough. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ YM1500 loader capacity #5  
Put a 55gal drum in the loader bucket and fill it with water. This will be a 458 pound test. Try to keep on level ground, bucket as low as posible, Etc.
You can also add weight to the rear if needed, by hanging/ hooking heavy objects onto the boxblade, or other attachments.
This will give you a "feel" for the capabilities, your's and the tractor's, before the actual need arises.
Lloyd