Yellow or Dijon?

/ Yellow or Dijon? #61  
I actually regularly use 4 different mustards; Yellow, Dijon, Horseradish, and Stoneground. I like them all and sort of randomly choose one or the other. Drives my wife crazy. My mustard selection is using up too much refrigerator space, and she hates all mustards.
Quality and taste varies greatly between brands. I just bought some "Beaver" brand horseradish mustard that has so much horseradish in it that you can't taste any mustard. I like other Beaver mustards, but am considering tossing this one.
Maybe for your birthday she can get you a mini fridge to keep your mustard out of her sight.

I am the same, but the kitchen is my domain, so she stays out of my various mustards and does not say anything.

/ Yellow or Dijon? #62  
I’ll move my multiple mustards when she moves her sundry of salad dressings.

🙃

/ Yellow or Dijon? #63  
I like stuff spicy. I used to go through a lot of El Yucateco Green Jalapeno Sauce, a 12 pack a year. Now I've moved on to Sonoran Habanero Powder. I bought a 12 ounce container in early May and have only gone through about a 10th of it.
I like my hot stuff to burn twice.
Years ago someone gave me a jar of something called Scorned Woman mustard...good stuff!! Unfortunately, it was discontinued about 10 years ago. I don't think anyone's mentioned Chinese restaurant-style hot mustard. Some of that will clean your sinuses right out!!
Someone upthread mentioned jalapeno ketchup. Don't think I've ever seen that anywere, I'll have to search it out.
That's just a mushroom sandwich. To be a burger it has to be ground meat (usually beef). I have no issue with eating mushrooms or not eating meat if that is preferred. I hate the destruction of language wherein people misuse words so badly and modern lexicographers pander to this abuse. ....stepping down from soap box.
The way Mossroad described it, yeah it's a mushroom sandwich, but I believe some of the vegetarian burgers you can get at the supermarket are ground portobellos with some other ingredients formed into a patty. Never tried any. I just eat my grilled mushrooms plain.
I did try some of that fake meat (Beyond I think) as a burger once. Once was enough, it was nasty. Tasted like just what it was, bean paste. I like beans, but not as a burger.
Yellow has no soul, so only on pretzels.
Any other style mustard on everything else...

I'm pretty sure ketchup is only for burgers and fries. I'm sure there may be one or two other items.
Yellow's OK, never heard of putting mustard on pretzels though.
I like ketchup with chicken fingers and on baked beans in addition to fries. Don't usually put it on a burger.

Last edited:
   / Yellow or Dijon? #65  
Informal poll. What's your go to mustard?
Yellow or Dijon? Yes please. I like them both and use them interchangeably. I also like other mustards, such as stadium hot mustard. Corn dogs though must have yellow mustard only.

/ Yellow or Dijon? #66  
Try it...IMHO better on soft pretzels
This is a famous thing..

1656698732015.png

/ Yellow or Dijon? #67  
Sweetie is a Frenches yellow mustard person... The only Frenches product she will buy...
She also likes honey mustard mix..

I am a small dab of Dijon person...

/ Yellow or Dijon? #68  
This is a famous thing..

View attachment 752423
Well, that's a new one on me. I'm vaguely aware of street vendors in NYC selling pretzels, but I've never had (or even seen) one.

/ Yellow or Dijon? #69  
In Germany, pretzels are everywhere, as are many good mustards.
Go to any German populated town in the US and you will most likely find soft pretzels and great beer.