Yanmar YM1600

/ Yanmar YM1600 #1  

Tim McCarley

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000D
Do any of you have a service manual or maintenance manual? I just got this tractor and I am having to do a little bit of work on it. I need to know the correct capacity of the fluids. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #2  
I just looked at my Parts which show all the Model that it's used for. The 1600 though the 2000 Uses the same Clutch, Same Pressure Plate, Same bearings Etc. You should be able to use your YM2000 manual. Everything in parts are the same. PTO. and Trans. If you use Fredricks for parts it will show you the models it's used for. Or I'll look it up for you. I chk.in daily so I will gladly try to find Part #'s. Maint and everthing else should be the same but Eng. Cyl. size I'm pretty sure. I have a YM2000 Manual you Welcome to If you need it.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #3  
Do any of you have a service manual or maintenance manual? I just got this tractor and I am having to do a little bit of work on it. I need to know the correct capacity of the fluids. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you.
The link in my signature below is to the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. There you will find all of the FREE manuals.
We are a 35+ year community dedicated to Yanmar made tractors and machines with over 2,793 community members involvement.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #4  
Bet it's in Japanese. Winston let us know that!!!

/ Yanmar YM1600 #5  
I have never seen a grey market manual in English. However, there are translation tools out there. There are operational and service manuals for the 195. As Carey said, it may be the closest you come other that the 1600 parts manual.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #6  
I think YM1600 is simply the earliest version of what later became YM1700/YM2000. So the YM195/YM240 manuals for US Yanmars are the closest English-language general documentation available.

But a Japanese-language parts manual for YM1600 will more precisely define the part #'s you need.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #7  
I have never seen a grey market manual in English. However, there are translation tools out there. There are operational and service manuals for the 195. As Carey said, it may be the closest you come other that the 1600 parts manual.
Do you recall the STASH of manuals we found in dual Japanese and English for several YM 4-digit Gray Market machines that Yanmar sold to the AU and NZ countries. :) We now have them at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.

/ Yanmar YM1600 #8  
The YM1600 Parts Manual is for the body, electrical, etc and not the engine of 2TR16.

The 2TRxx is an engine series manual. It's dual languaged. And there is a 2TR fuel injection manual as well only in ENGLISH.

1653697904320.png

Here's the 2TR16 in that 2TRxx manual. :)

So yes, the YM1600 & YM1900 were sold in English markets.

1653697999875.png

The 2TRxx engine series manual covers these engines. In Japanese and English!

1653698236482.png

Again, manuals are at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. :)

Last edited:
   / Yanmar YM1600
I just looked at my Parts which show all the Model that it's used for. The 1600 though the 2000 Uses the same Clutch, Same Pressure Plate, Same bearings Etc. You should be able to use your YM2000 manual. Everything in parts are the same. PTO. and Trans. If you use Fredricks for parts it will show you the models it's used for. Or I'll look it up for you. I chk.in daily so I will gladly try to find Part #'s. Maint and everthing else should be the same but Eng. Cyl. size I'm pretty sure. I have a YM2000 Manual you Welcome to If you need it.
Yes please if you can?

/ Yanmar YM1600 #10  
The YM1600 Parts Manual is for the body, electrical, etc and not the engine of 2TR16.

The 2TRxx is an engine series manual. It's dual languaged. And there is a 2TR fuel injection manual as well only in ENGLISH.

View attachment 747916

Here's the 2TR16 in that 2TRxx manual. :)

So yes, the YM1600 & YM1900 were sold in English markets.

View attachment 747918

The 2TRxx engine series manual covers these engines. In Japanese and English!

View attachment 747920

Again, manuals are at the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group. :)
So I joined the group, and spent about 30 minutes browsing the site.. I now understand why I've never heard of groups.io. that seems to be the most convoluted and impossible to navigate site I've ever visited lol.

You should seriously consider a different host for the forum, maybe even just integrate a Google drive folder to a basic forum.

After about a half hour of searching, and being unable to find a single technical document on any tractor, other than an Excel sheet that was supposed to list specifications of tractors but for some reason only cataloged horsepower ratings, I gave up.

I should note: I'm a computer programmer and web developer - I build my own computers, I design and build automated machinery and robots, write all my own software, design all of my own electronics, build on my own circuit boards, fabricate all of my equipment using CNC, 3D printing, my old school DeWalt sliding miter saw, a welder and some grinders. I should be able to figure the site out lol.

That's a shame, because according to your post there is a plethora of information there that I have not been able to find anywhere else.

I did however, find that www.southernfarmequipmentimports.com has the Japanese versions available to download for free.

Here is a link to their 1600/1900 listing:

Here is the ym1600 service manual direct download link provided on that page:

Hope you guys get that worked out, and thank you for all of your hard work from all the people that were able to figure your site out. Cheers.

Last edited: