Yanmar - Model Cover Pages

/ Yanmar - Model Cover Pages
A brief viewing of what I believe to be a 3t84T.

16 minute mark

Power steering on this one.

:geek: WOW, that last YT vid is amazing near the end when the guy revs the engine from idle to 3,000rpms. It was super FAST with the turbo. My YM2610 can't possibly get there without the turbo. Additionally, I didn't hear a loud turbo whine. It must be the large green box over the engine head acting like an intake resonator.

I used my old Yan.Owners.com models to Chk. what used the 3T84 Eng and T-Data gave the T's. I danm sure wasn't going to say that.........
I'm now the 3rd owner of the Yan.Owers.com site that began on GeoCities, then Yahoo and now we are on GroupsIO. Link in my signature below for our new location since 2019. ;) 35+ years of Yanmar community activity all retained and daily added.

Since finding many of these parts manuals and supporting documents, the original excel database file became very much obsolete. I tried working on updating it, but there are optional variations too. So, I could pick one machine in a certain model, and it would be wrong for 40% of the others within that model. We still don't understand some of the models ending in letters other than D or BD. There are R, S, L, F, and other letters unknown to their options. When the machines come here thru a refurb, the 'generic' decals are placed on them. I had posted a thread a little time back asking others what the other letters represent, got no answers.

For the YM3810, wish there was a Parts Manual to be had. It would of been the perfect addition to it's listing here. About 60% of the models here have their parts manuals attached long as the file size is under 10Mb. ;) The remaining parts manuals and the service manuals are on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.

YM4420

Just as the YM3810 was the icing on the cake for the YM -10 models, the YM4220 is the icing on the YM -20 models.

The Yanmar 100th anniversary document has this to say.
1982 YM4220.JPG

Yanmar being the first to introduce power steering on farm tractors offers it as standard equipment starting with the YM4220 as demand for front loader work with 4-wheel drive proved to have heavy operating capacity. It became very effective.

In response to the demand for higher accuracy of plowing work, the automatic depth adjustment mechanism for the auto-rotary was equipped. This horizontal self-adjusting mechanism of the working machine was equipped in response to the demand for higher level of paddy and field work. Yanmar became the first to offer the developed motion control mechanism known as the UFO-matic.

[translation took several tries to get it fully right.]

Like the last few machines mentioned, this model uses the 3T84T as in TURBO to provide the 42Hp at the PTO.

ID plate 3t84t-n.jpg

On the front grill, the translations says, Hi-Power. It's their way in Japan of saying TURBO.

hipower-504x336.jpg

The YM4220 is often seen in Japan with it's sun canopy. Sadly, the Gray Market exports rarely sent the machines over with the canopy due to space in the sea containers for shipments.

There are many good looking YM4220 machines as these were mid to later 80s models. The machine is the Lexus loaded -20 model, those who had them in Japan treated them nicely.
2-11.jpg

The YM4420 is on the same Yanmar body frame as the JD1050.

1-11.jpg

3-11.jpg

6-11.jpg

As one would expect of a YM -20 model, the dash and gauges are the plush modern type.

YM4220 tach.JPG

This is the last model to show the Yanmar rising flame between the eyes like many of the YM -20 models signify.
YM4220 new_fire_tractor-504x336.jpg

There are several hundred of these machines across North America. It's a real keeper to hang onto. It's the end of the era for the YM -20 model series as the FX Series would begin to replace it.

YM3220--YM4220.JPG

A special treat while looking for further info on the YM4220. This PDF from the official Yanmar Japan website shows the tractor model, JIS Hp rating, and years of production.

This is titled as, Yanmar Wheel Tractor Manufacturing Year List - 12/2021
see attached

This is the first official document for Japan market tractors found. It should help provide the accuracy of Yanmar made machines to info on the web that is more in speculation.

Again, the Hp rating is at the PTO. The Hp rating is JIS based and not SAE. In general, JIS could be a little more in actual power at the power curve chart where peak performance is shown at a given RPM. However, the flow of the curves between the two standards can not be overlaid for any real comparison.

For Yanmar owners, we are getting a better deal Hp wise in the market listings for used machines this way. A few extra Japan ponies are tucked away in how their JIS standard is applied when extrapolated towards an SAE chart.

Just know one important thing, these machines are Yanmars. Reliable and dependable are the true characteristics of their machines. :)

Attachments

• OFFICIAL YANMAR DOCUMENT on Yanmar Japan site for wheel_tractor_202112.pdf
    162.6 KB · Views: 185
   / Yanmar - Model Cover Pages #85  
Interesting, the dealer I purchased my YM2310D has one available on their site.

YM4300 aka JD1050

In the Yanmar YM Series two machines are basically direct twins to the JD 50 Series.
YM2500 aka JD850
YM4300 aka JD950 non-turbo
YM4300 aka JD1050 with turbo

The engine is the famous 3T90T or the 3T90 non-turbo.

Why did the YM4300 come with and with turbo? Was it the JD950 without one and the JD1050 with one? Here we can see the original decal on a machine in Japan.

_026b.jpg

And here we see it without the T designation in Japan.

CB22.jpg

The 3T90T engine.

20200227-104607_orig.jpg

The turbo and exhaust side.

20200227-104618_orig.jpg

A great view of the turbo and it's interface to the intake, engine and exhaust. You can read the OE IHI turbo brand in the image.

20200227-104623_orig.jpg

There are all kinds of controls around the seat and the floor. Looks to have 'draft control' option like the JD1050, 950 & 850 as shown in the TM1192 Deere Service Manual.

20200227-104553_orig.jpg

Behind the seat is vastly different than other YM models.

20200227-104530_orig.jpg

The front fascia for the grill is not displaying the HI-Power logo typically found on the Turbo model YM machines. I've looked at many YM4300 Turbo machines on Japan export sites all looking the same.
20200227-104546_orig.jpg

Many of the YM4300 machines came with the OE Yanmar ROPS and canopy. Likewise the JD950 and JD1050 machines offered this option as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

The JD1050 has a canopy distinction. The two amber working lights. A Deere trademark in a way of speaking. If you look closely, those seat controls are all there as well.

John-Deere-1050-Tractor-Price.jpg

More to follow in the next posting on the YM4300 aka JD1050 Yanmar machines.

YM4300 aka JD1050

The dash controls on the machine is a bit of lack-luster. It's the common YMxx00 layout.

IMG_1134.JPG

Another behind the seat images to share. The silver box is really a light. There is a rear port for the tiller UFO connection.

IMG_1158.JPG

The lever to the right works with the 'draft control'.

IMG_1157.JPG

Looking just under the dash at the feet are two extra levers. Somehow these are tied into the hydraulics for some function.

IMG_1151.JPG

Following the two hydraulic lines from those levers to look under the fuel bowl location reveals a hydraulic valving system of sorts. The Deere TM1192 mentions in the last section a diverter valve setup to operate other hydraulic add-on options to the tractor.

IMG_1149.JPG

The YM4300 is a typical gear machine. Just like the John Deere 50 Series uses.
4 selections forwards and 1 reverse. And it has a High and Low for both. There is a N designation as well. Would this offer the sense of a 'live' PTO on a geared tractor?

IMG_1267.JPG

From the time up to this posting, the clearest engine ID plate for a YM4300 is shown.

IMG_1125.JPG

The YM4300 keeps with some of the traditions of the YMxx00 models and differs in other areas. Yanmar didn't make any big product announcement for this machine as in brochures or product summary booklet. It seems to of been quietly introduced.

The attached parts manual will benefit both the Yanmar owner and the John Deere owners because Deere has discontinued parts support on many of the 50, 55 and 70 Series machines. Not sure about the 90 Series yet.

The Parts Manual is for the YM4300DT, YM4300DT-M and JD1050. Unlike the Yanmar manuals in the past, this one is in full English. This provides the hint the YM4300 was indeed a real export to English speaking countries and not a Gray Market machine. One distinction is, PTO only ran at 540rpms. No multi-speed PTO offered otherwise.

Attachments

• YANMAR 3T90T-Y YM4300DT YM4300DT-M YM4300T JD1050 0CT10-M21700_en.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
   / Yanmar - Model Cover Pages #88  
@bmaverick what is the red ring gizmo on the rear wheel i first photo of the YM4300D, in front of the shop in post #86?

Just curious...

All the best,

Peter

/ Yanmar - Model Cover Pages #89  
@bmaverick what is the red ring gizmo on the rear wheel in first photo of the YM4300D
Likely the attachment point for rice paddy paddle wheels. I copied this photo off Yanmar-Japan's official website long ago, in 2004.

Considering the other photos in that section, I think that section showed how their export models are used. This might be in VN.
yanmarinternationalphoto2004-jpg.497435

Last edited:
YM4500

This model and the models after it are more Americanized featured and breaks all of the other YM model standards we've come to know and understand. It's a rare machine to find in North America and western EU. However, it's extremely popular in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and other countries in that Malaysia region. In fact, much of the images shared here are from those regions.

The YM4500 does something new, it's the first YM with a 4-cylinder diesel engine. Welcome the 4T90. This engine becomes plagiarized by the Chinese as a fire pump engine. Yanmar offers this engine for the YM4500 and the YTB2100S full sized excavator.
There are hints Yanmar offered this engine in a Komatsu machine. From the seldom applications of this engine, it's one to avoid as parts are not easy to find. Should you have a machine like this, chances are the 2T90 and the 3T90 engine parts need to be reviewed and considered.

The size of this tractor is like the JD1450. It's a large CUT tractor.
YM4500-Thialand-2.jpg

Breaking from Yanmar tradition, the fuel injector pump is on the other side, the fuel bowl looks more like a filter, and the oil filter is right next to it up-side-down. Try changing the oil and watch it spill everywhere due to gravity.

YM4500-Thialand-3.jpg

Note the throttle rod is on this same odd side, so is the throttle lever to operate the tractor. The thermostart seems to align with the John Deere 50 Series. Yet this engine was not in the Deere line up.

YM4500-Thialand-9.jpg

The dash and gauges at first glance seem normal, however upon closer inspection, the layout is opposite of the typical YM models. Additionally look at the dash shape, it's more like the YM -20 models but with the YM -10 arrangement. A strange combination.

DE9516T.jpg

The dash layout has an angled slant like that of the YM -20 models. The look is strange and breaks the Yanmar traditions.

DE9516S.jpg

Should all of the present info already seem strange, take a look at the open cabin controls for operation. So many levers, knobs and pedals coming out from all directions. I can understand half of them for functional use, the others are not the typical Yanmar arrangement to know their functions.

DE9516P.jpg

The 3PT lift is huge. The lower arms are the longest I've seen on any YM machine so far. The lower arms are also too close together at the axle than the other YM models. The PTO is off the ground at a height above all the other models so far reviewed.
What is with the towbar below the PTO? Why is it a wide slot? I count 4 top holes and 4 bottom holes for that towbar interface.

DE9516D.jpg

The YM4500 is a strange bird in the YM lineup. At first glance it's a red Yanmar YM model, a closer inspection tips you off that it's not a normal YM tractor.

YM4500-lg.JPG

For those who have this model or are interested to dig deeper into the layout of the machine, the rare parts manual is attached. This is the one advantage to have and to cross reference the other 2T90 & 3T90 engines for part number match ups.

Attachments

• YANMAR YM4500 PARTS MANUAL NPC-1056.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited: