Oil & Fuel Yanmar fuel shut off

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #21  
It's great that you have a sense of humor. I'd be furious unless I paid very little for the entire piece of equipment.

You are telling us that the complete rod, piston, rings (this assembly) is completely missing and someone removed it and reassembled the engine? This presents a whole host of problems like the #3 injector working away and diluting the crank case and engine oil. If it were mine, I wouldn't be comfortable with anything short of a crank shaft inspection and complete overhaul of the entire bottom end. Might as well do the head, valves, seals and seats while it's torn down and waiting for parts.

Good luck and would love to hear of how you progress with this project.

Mark

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #22  
That's a bummer that the parts are missing and that evidently nobody told you before you bought it.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off
Ya, I was alittle pissed off, but I had to laugh..I couldnt believe someone took the time to drop the oil pan and pull the rod and piston out..I have to pull the motor, and have the crank turned. with all new bearings...If anyone knows where I can find used parts for this motor, please let me know..I am getting prices that are scaring the heck out of me..Its almost expensive as rebuilding a small block chevy..

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #24  
Re:

I have a 04cx36excavator and when it's running it keeps shutting down.i have changed the fuel filter checked and cleaned water separated changed air filter complete.it runs for about 5min.and keeps shutting off it sounded like it was starving for fuel. I did run with throttle very low and it seemed to keep running but in time it shuts down.my next thought was could it be dirty injectors I have never did anything with them.i bought it 2years ago and it started late last year and I used it in spring and it ran good but now it keeps shutting down.could it be the injectors

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #25  
Tried loosening the fuel cap?

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #26  
What are you doing to get it to start? If it starts and runs Randomly then I would check all the Electrical Safety Switches. If there is any.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #27  
As Winston said, on the tractors this often is the fuel cap airtight so no fuel can go down the tube after a little fuel has been consumed. Try loosening the cap.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #28  
Not long after I bought the 2000 I seen a lot of pressure with Fuel leaking and Air Bubbles coming out around the return line to the Tank. I used an old ATV Cap to release the Pressure. Fixed that problem. ;)

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 190
   / Yanmar fuel shut off #29  
you must of drilled taht ATV vent into the yanmar cap...looks like i can still see yanmar on the cap?

Also cant you just loosen your cap a tiny amount to let air in. if you look at the seal under the cap there is two slots in the rubber so that the cap does not form a perfect seal.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #30  
It's a Red Yanmar Cap but no slots in it. Only a Rubber Seal. The Tank has 2 slots but I was having to loosen the cap quite a few turns to relieve the pressure. I had the old Atv cap and all I did was drill a hole in the Org.. And actually after I done it and it worked Great!! I felt alot safer about it. In case of a rollover it has a Check Ball in it. Loosen the Cap in my case was a lot and the Return Line I sealed up so I don't have to worry about a Major Fuel Spill