Oil & Fuel Yanmar fuel shut off

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #1  

vinrum

Tractor
john deere 990, Mustang 2044 Skidsteer...Takeuchi TB35S mini excavator
I have a older Yanmar 3cyl..I just bought the machine and had it running for about 15 minutes, I tried to move the boom and the motor died..I found that it was real low on hydraulic fluid..After changing the hydraulic fluid, I tried to start if back up and it wont start..I replaced all the fuel lines and fuel filter, and bled the system once again.. At the motor side of the injector line, the fuel is not very strong when turning the motor over.. Also when I had the machine running, I shut the key off and the motor kept running..I cant find a shut off soleniod on the Injector pump..Did these come with a manual shut off??If so, could someone please help me out..The engine is a 3T84HLE

Thanks
Steve

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #2  
We need to know the model number of your Yanmar. Most of them have a manual fuel shut off lever that you pull to kill it. Mine is located on the right side of the dash at the bottom.

If you have the valve to your 3 point closed and try to move the boom on it, it can hydraulically lock up and kill the motor. The valve needs to be open when running.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #3  
Welcome Steve,

It is probably one of the following models and I believe the ignition does nothing but cut the alternator power....You have to move the throttle lever fully forward to reach the dentent to shut off the fuel supply at the pump....

YM2220D - 3T84H-NB
YM2310D - 3T84H-S
YM2402D - 3T84H-S
YM2420D - 3T84H-NA

As the fuel feed (on the pump side) is gravity feed, you wont see hardly any pressure.
I agree with Tallyho that your hydraulic lock may be partially or fully closed. Did you clean and replace the internal hydraulic screen when you changed the fluid??

/ Yanmar fuel shut off
Would the hydraulic lock cause it not to start..When I turn it over, The muffler is puffing smoke, but just not enough to kick it over

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #5  
vinrum said:
I have a older Yanmar 3cyl..I just bought the machine and had it running for about 15 minutes, I tried to move the boom and the motor died..I found that it was real low on hydraulic fluid..After changing the hydraulic fluid, I tried to start if back up and it wont start..I replaced all the fuel lines and fuel filter, and bled the system once again.. At the motor side of the injector line, the fuel is not very strong when turning the motor over.. Also when I had the machine running, I shut the key off and the motor kept running..I cant find a shut off soleniod on the Injector pump..Did these come with a manual shut off??If so, could someone please help me out..The engine is a 3T84HLE

Thanks
Steve

What kind of machine is it in? If it is in an excavator it will depend on which brand & model. The 3T84HL and 3T84HLE are used in a lot of different machines.

Danny

/ Yanmar fuel shut off
Danny, the motor is in a older Takeuchi mini excavator...do you know who sells parts for this motor?? I still cant get it to start

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #7  
vinrum said:
Danny, the motor is in a older Takeuchi mini excavator...do you know who sells parts for this motor?? I still cant get it to start

Danny probably sells parts for that engine. You can click on his name and click on "view public profile" and get links to his web site and contact info.

/ Yanmar fuel shut off
One more question..Is it ok to use a electric fuel pump on a diesel engine?? I dont think my pump is pushing enough fuel. I am kinda new with diesels, I bled the system, and at the fuel injectors, the fuel wasnt coming out that strong.. I dont know how much pressure should be coming out?? The engine is in a Takeuchi TB35S

/ Yanmar fuel shut off #9  
There is just a small amount of fuel that comes out of the injection line by the injectors and an electric fuel pump would have no effect on the amount of fuel coming out of this line. The question isn't how much fuel is coming out but how high a pressure it is coming out at. The pump probably has around 4500 psi pressure. The injectors open at about 2500 psi which can be very dangerous if adequate safety precautions aren't taken when testing.

I wish I could be of more help but I am having trouble with mine also at this time and am having trouble diagnosing it.:(

/ Yanmar fuel shut off
Well, I removed the muffler today and check all my fuel lines once again..I turn the machine over, and with a little help from starting fluid, It started, But I couldnt keep it going with the throttle,