XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.
Battery disconnect was a no go. Tractor fires up then regen lights come on 5 to 10 minutes and goes into limp mode/loss of rpm. Still no response from dealer up here. I'm reallly thinking LS was a bad decision at this point. Any help would be appreciated. Hate to think I ended up with junk pile.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #22  
My New Holland Workmaster 37 (made by LS) has the same Shibaura N843 diesel. From the symptoms described you are in the Power Limitation Mode or Engine Shutdown Mode. The flashing frequency on Engine warning lamp ( one second vs two seconds) will tell you. I got there with mine one time and only got it cleared by letting it Regen at idle ( after two unsuccessful regents at elevated rpm’s (1800 and 2200).
IMG_0284.JPG

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #23  
DPF regen indicator and DPF temp dash lights come on frequently. I've changed all the fluids, filters etc and am at 500 hrs. "Betsy" keeps losing rpms and power. RPMs fluctuate up and down. Changed fuel and fuel filters again plus air filters just in case. Am I looking in the wrong direction? I keep it in a heated garage and working it at abour 20f outside.
Sounds to me like you have a leak (air ingress) in the fuel system somewhere, perhaps a pin hole on the suction side of the lift pump or the charge pump, whatever you have. A minute amount of air getting in the fuel flow to the injector pump will cause that issue. Had that on my M9 Kubota. Found the intake line from the saddle tank on the left (I have twin tanks) had a pinhole in it that was allowing a tiny amount of air to get in. Replaced the hose and eliminated the issue. My tanks are vented with hoses and fittings but some tractors have vented fuel caps. If they don't vent properly, fuel starvation will occur and the 'lope' issue will manifest itself. You might try loosening the fuel cap and see if it makes any difference as well.

I will try the fuel cap trick and also the idle regen trick if the fuel cap doesn't solve the problem. After that I'll go for a fuel line replacement. Thanks for all the ideas. I will keep you up to date.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #25  
Can you post a picture of your dashboard when the problem happens?

I will fire it up tomorrow and get some pics of the dash when it loses rpms and starts shutting down.

One pic is when it started losing rpm, next pic was when it died. I idled it down a bit when losing rpm then it just quit. According to what I see in the manual it looks like it should of kept running.

Attachments

• 20220330_112524.jpg
    20220330_112524.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20220330_111352.jpg
    20220330_111352.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
   / XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #28  
No codes show up on the LCD display when this happens? The check engine light on or flashing? Need a picture or video of the entire dash when it happens.

My Mt240 will change RPM's a couple times if I am running under 1800 RPM's if it needs to regen, I think it's to get your attention that it's about to increase RPM's for the regen. The first time I was at 1500rpm and it went up to 1800rpm, another time it went to ~2200rpm. If I'm at PTO RPM I'd never know it did a regen unless I happen to check the gauges and see the lights on the dash.

It does sound like it's in Power limit mode or Engine shutdown mode.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #29  
I agree with Bearsixty7....need a picture of the full dash.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #30  
I know from personal experience that a hot engine will put the tractor in Limp Mode. I wonder if you have a faulty temp sensor that is causing the Limp Mode issue. If the sensor is faulty and continues to register high temps, it will eventually cause the engine to shut down. It's a safety feature to prevent engine damage.