Wr long vs stinger grapple

/ Wr long vs stinger grapple #1  

QuasarZ

Silver Member
Tractor
Previous Branson 2400H. Looking for new
Anyone have the wr long rbg3 grapple? Any thoughts on the more exposed cylinders and hoses? Trying to decide between thst and the stinger grapple. Thoughts on single vs dual lid?

/ Wr long vs stinger grapple #2  
I'm not familiar with either grapple. My grapple is Land Pride GS1560. It's a single lid - 820# of AR400 steel. It's a rock & root grapple type.

I choose this type because I do not handle items of great variation in size and shape.

I pick and move - chunks of pine tree trunk - large rocks - occasional brush. All my pine tree stumps are left in the ground to rot.

I choose this HD grapple because I have 40+ years of experience here on my 80 acres. I, unfortunately, have experience with cheap, light duty implements also. I'm not really rough on the tractor or implements. However - to stand up to normal operations - any implement out here has to be tough.

I HAVE heard good things about the WR Long grapple.

Good luck in your quest.

/ Wr long vs stinger grapple #3  
I have 2 W.R. Long grapples for 5 years, the OBG-1 open bottom grapple and the HG-10 hay grapple. Both have worked well with no issues. Looking them over they seem to take pride in their production work.

/ Wr long vs stinger grapple #4  
I have WR Long's bolt on grapple, love it and at 143 pounds, I don't even know it's on the bucket.

I lost a pin (long story, my mistake) and asked WR Long about buying a replacement. I was eating lunch in Tarboro, NC everyday for most summers. So they said to just drop by.

Owner got the blue prints for my model # and located the part number, we walked into the factory and he pull the part from a bin and handed it to me.

I offered up $10 for the part but the owner would not take it... (back in 2006 when $10 meant something).

I would recommend any of their products. I also have their tooth bar.