Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode"

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #41  
It is very easy to bypass the system on the tractor. I am not sure just bashing some holes is going to prevent it from going into limp mode

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #42  
that sucks! well if you need it, service guy gave me a trick to get it out of sleep mode and let it sit at max rpm and regen for about 40 mins. let me know i can send you the procedure.
Same problem here. How do you get it out of sleep mode? I tried the 2 second inhibit and 10 second allow and it made no difference.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #43  
Sorry for late response. Thats the only trick i know to get it out of limp mode. If it is “1/2” power then push the throttle all the way up and be sure the regen is on…and let it sit and run. You’ll know it’s done with regen when the idle shoots up. it may take an hour to come out once the dpf clears. If it still wont come out.. then most likely you will have to have the dpf cleaned and ecm flashed. One last thing to check. SOME have a port at the exhaust manifold (branson’s do). If so, take the plug out and start it.. ALOT of carbon will shot out but it may be enough to get the regen back. My last regen on mine took 3 hrs (in the winter). Thus… why i got rid of it! Hope this helps.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #44  
Our WorkMaster 33 went further than safe mode. It would only run 30 seconds and shut off. Using the method of starting the engine and immediately pushing the inhibit regen toggle for 2 seconds and then pushing the toggle to force regen until both regen indicator lights illuminated, it would run about 20 minutes. My neighbor works for a large construction company. His shop mechanic says, while tractor is still operating normally, gut the DPF with a wood paddle bit and reinstall. Then no more regen and no more problem.
This is not a very good advise. Regens aren’t only done by soot load trapped in the DPF, there is also a timed mandatory burn off that happens after amount x time has passed. The only way to get around this is to flash the ECU. You will not find a dpf installed, if the engine doesn’t have a ECU.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #45  
Again, it is easy to bypass the system if you want.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode"
Thank you all for the replies. I had to put this issue on the back shelf for a while. I realized it never received it's initial oil change (I don't know if that would have caused the problem), so I recently changed the oil and started it up. I tried the "force out of limp/safe mode" trick twice listed by @Mlbowhunter. It didn't work. I ran that by a tech at a dealer and they told me they had not heard of that and there's no way to get out of of that mode except with the proper diagnostic equipment. I've talked to the two closest dealers. Neither one was willing to do a service call and both insisted I have it hauled to their shop.

Here is what I have determined:

-It starts, runs, and drives, but only at 1800 RPM max.
-The regen on/off switch seems to be working.
-After a minute or two after startup, indicator lights indicate regen mode.
-I ran it like this for an hour with no sign of a regen occurring (burning plastic smell), so I shut it down.
-After an oil change, I just ran it for about 10 minutes. Same as above with regen lights, but no smell.
-Since it runs and drives, just at 1800 RPM with no other power loss, I'm guessing the DPF is not plugged to
the point of needing to be replaced. Neither dealer said they clean them.

I'll post any updates if I have them.

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #47  
Could be the ECM. Someone else recently had this issue, but the ECM was like $6000

/ Workmaster 33 in "Safe Mode" #48  
I replaced my ECM for over $4,000 and it didn't fix it. Glad I ended up deleting it I sure like the tractor.