Backhoe Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe #1  

tlj87

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4700, Kubota BX2370-1, Kubota RTV1140CPX, Kubota F3060, Club Car Precedent
I just purchased a new Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe for our 2000 JD 4700. In the spring, I’ll plan on making a video about it and give some feedback on its operation.

My initial opinions (I’ve operated it for about 15 minutes just to test):

-very smooth, tight operation (all of my backhoe operation experience has been on equipment that had moderate to extreme wear)
-construction and finish of the unit appears to be good aside from the serial number decal being applied crooked.
-it’s heavy - front end is pretty light even with loader on.”
-attachment/detachment appears to be very straightforward with the removal of three pins and the hydraulic lines.

IMG_3125.JPGIMG_3126.JPGIMG_3127.JPG

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe #2  
Nice looking backhoe, glad you got the subframe mount so you wont tear up the tractor.. Woods make very good attachments...

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe
Nice looking backhoe, glad you got the subframe mount so you wont tear up the tractor.. Woods make very good attachments...

Yes! I’ve been a Woods fan since the late 90s when as a teen one of my mowing jobs involved a Woods finishing mower.

I’ve since owned a few different Woods implements - currently this new hoe and an RD990x finishing mower.

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe #4  
I have a Woods BB60 rotary cutter and a Woods front bucket on one of the tractors, I had a Woods Dixie cutter m-5 but I sold it...

I have a Woods BB60 rotary cutter and a Woods front bucket on one of the tractors, I had a Woods Dixie cutter m-5 but I sold it...

My dealer said Woods is discontinuing production of front end loaders! I was very surprised to hear that.

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe #6  
My dealer said Woods is discontinuing production of front end loaders! I was very surprised to hear that.

Wow maybe because all the tractor manufacturers are making their own loaders.. My bucket has a woods tag on it but maybe it was some deal before Kubota bought out Land pride...

/ Woods BH85 subframe mount backhoe #7  
Tlj87 how are you liking or not liking the Woods bh85? I'm about to order one for my 3039r Cab tractor as the specs are better than Deeres 375a and you can get an hydraulic thumb. Not to mentin cheaper. Is it 2 or 3 pins to remove the hoe? You mentioned 3, and the 3 point arms can remain installed correct?

Tlj87 how are you liking or not liking the Woods bh85? I'm about to order one for my 3039r Cab tractor as the specs are better than Deeres 375a and you can get an hydraulic thumb. Not to mentin cheaper. Is it 2 or 3 pins to remove the hoe? You mentioned 3, and the 3 point arms can remain installed correct?

It’s a lot better than a shovel! There are two pins in the rear and one sort of under the loader mounts in the front, plus the hydraulic line, to mount/dismount. On my tractor, the 3pt arms have to be removed. There might be a different mounting setup on yours since it’s a current production model and mine hasn’t been made for 20 years.