WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-(

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Sorry this is long.

So in late October I reached out to WoodMaxx to use their .mil discount while I was deployed to get a chipper. At the time the chipper wasn't in stock but supposed to be back in production early December which isn't that big of a deal and the emails implied December-ish ship date when I asked about it because I really wanted to use it during the winter here while it's easy to move the tractor through the woods to the work.

So mid December arrives and I haven't heard anything so I email asking how the ship date is looking and get a very long detailed email about how hard the units are to produce and how many they have to produce for all the orders...slightly interesting to me but don't really care. They said they were "your order is on target for a January production date." Okay, not ideal as that's eating into the time I have but I understand.

So January comes and goes, not a peep again. So I emailed yesterday asking how it was looking. One sentence reply saying "if I had to guess I would say in the next few weeks."

So maybe I'll get lucky at get my order two months after I was led to believe it would arrive which is almost four months after starting communications with them. Am I being unreasonable in expecting a little more solid delivery date when they are already holding a deposit from me and two months past what I was led to believe would be the manufacture date? I don't recall seeing any issues with them in the past on the forum vs some other manufacturers which is one reason I ordered from them.

:(

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #2  
What model were you looking to buy ?

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #4  
Dang, I can provide a better schedule than that for software!

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #5  
Aren't they Chinese chippers? I would bet they are waiting on a container from China and they have no control and no idea when it will come. Seen that happen with a couple other vendors (unrelated products). Tough way to do business.

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #6  
Did you ask them if they can bill you for the rest after you've used it for 6 months?

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #7  
I think the import business has become very sketchy these days...

When we ordered the 9900 it was here in 2.5 weeks... the company was very responsive when we called about a problem chipping... turned out all we needed to do was dial in the clearances for the knives...

If I were to wager it is anyone's guess when coming from overseas...

Sorry... because we are pleased with ours for the farm... nothing like a new Bandit but at the price a good value.

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #8  
The 8800 and 9900 are US made, not imported.

I got mine a couple of years ago. I also experienced a delay of about a month. Their communication was pretty poor.

It was wirth the wait though. Thst machine is pretty awesome!

To the OP - THANKS for your service!

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-( #9  
Has the 9900 always been 100% made in USA or maybe I was thinking of the smaller units?

The current website states even the steel and knife bolts of the 9900 is made in USA.

/ WoodMaxx getting close to my last nerve:-(
Aren't they Chinese chippers? I would bet they are waiting on a container from China and they have no control and no idea when it will come. Seen that happen with a couple other vendors (unrelated products). Tough way to do business.

No, specifically went with the MX over the 8H because it was American made.