Woodland Mills WC68 vs WC88?

/ Woodland Mills WC68 vs WC88?
OTOH the Woodland Mills has some features that I wish the Woodmaxx had, like the clamshell rotor housing that seems like it would make knife replacement easier.
The clamshell is the biggest feature that I prefer. It's a huge benefit to be able to easily clear a jam, and makes blade maintenance super easy. I fought with some of those flat head bolts that has the heads filled with crud and stripped on an older chipper, and it was through a little access door. The ability to actually get to both sides of the bolt and put some leverage or heat on it is a big win in my book.

Also, good info on the valve. Where did you buy your replacement?

/ Woodland Mills WC68 vs WC88? #23  
I have a woodmaxx wm8m on a 45hp (engine) tractor. Do not get anything smaller than an 8" in feed opening for the simple reason of less trimming. Anything over 4-5" is firewood to me, but that 8" opening disappears real quick when it's not a matchstick. If I ever stumble across a used mx9900 with the 9x9 opening I'll definitely grab it. I just can't justify the new price tag when I found my wm8m for $1400 used.
Screenshot_20220708-130010.jpg

/ Woodland Mills WC68 vs WC88?
I have a woodmaxx wm8m on a 45hp (engine) tractor. Do not get anything smaller than an 8" in feed opening for the simple reason of less trimming. Anything over 4-5" is firewood to me, but that 8" opening disappears real quick when it's not a matchstick. If I ever stumble across a used mx9900 with the 9x9 opening I'll definitely grab it. I just can't justify the new price tag when I found my wm8m for $1400 used. View attachment 788480
Thats a pretty good deal I would say. For that money I wouldnt really care if it was a 6" vs 8" vs 9" opening....