Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............

/ Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #61  
I mow two acres with my riding mower. I'm able to walk my lawns - level the pocket gopher mounds - remove the large rocks. VERY glad I don't have 30 acres or more to mow. I would be VERY upset if my new rotary mower looked like the OP's. I would work towards some type of solution. Either rake them up or mow higher.

The property to my north has MILES of short rock walls. This represents a whole lot of effort by the original homesteader and his five sons. They had, at least, two mule teams and several rock sleds. That was over 100 years ago and the fields are still, basically, rock free.

History tell us - they never planted anything here nor mowed any of these fields. The best answer - cows don't eat rocks. Also - less injury to livestock when the fields are clean. AND - there had to be something for five sons to do in any spare time they might have had.

Whatever - this is a common sight on most all the original homesteads around these parts.
IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #62  
Need pics of your blades!:oops:

/ Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #63  
Get a Brown cutter. You won’t be able to dent a Brown 416 like that. If you had a more powerful tractor a Brown 672 would be a dream cutter but it’s $7500

/ Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #64  
Nobody had anything heavier in stock. I thought about ordering the heavy one but this one was a step up from the light and looked more robust than the LP PLUS it was 800# VS 1,200# **** tractor and mower weigh enough already without adding more weight. I will likely put it in my shop this winter and re-do the side skirts using 1/4" plate. For $2,100 i thought i would have something decent..........
You will need to get into the $4,000 range for a heavier cutter

/ Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #65  
Mine looks like the stump jumper pan is cracking but upon really close inspection, it was the paint, not the pan itself—but from three feet away you'd swear it is the pan cracking. Also, I really like the top design that sheds snow in the winter when it is stored outside and rainwater in the summer. I wish the access port was bigger and I keep thinking it is one plasma cut away from becoming so. The bash guards on mine are bent from backing into smaller trees, and the machine really does do a good job on 4" wide and smaller material. Regardless, I'd buy my 720XX again,as i'm super pleased with its performance since I first started using in in 2014.
Ya is this cracked paint?

Attachments

• 703F56F1-489C-47B8-AB53-80E26C1F67EA.jpeg
    703F56F1-489C-47B8-AB53-80E26C1F67EA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
  • DE27849C-AFA3-45A2-A04E-E91CD7189B9E.jpeg
    DE27849C-AFA3-45A2-A04E-E91CD7189B9E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • E7564194-BD00-4E8B-BD7E-3E15DD7560A5.jpeg
    E7564194-BD00-4E8B-BD7E-3E15DD7560A5.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 65
   / Wood BBX72 Brush Bull Xtreme not up to the task............ #66  
not to be a tool, but you are missing the other issue, you cannot get rid of the rocks. this is comming from someone who has spent years pulling a rock rake around in a field to clear the rocks. as the OP said they just grow back, spend a week clearing them and after the first rain it looks like you never did anything.
You would have to cut higher than the rocks. No mower is going to take that abuse very long.