Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Windows 11 #103  
More MS BS -> Microsoft will make it frustratingly difficult to change your default browser.

Want to Change the Default Browser in Windows 11? Good Luck!
From that link:
"Microsoft does have an explanation (and offers some hope): "With Windows 11, we are implementing customer feedback to customize and control defaults at a more granular level, eliminating app categories and elevating all apps to the forefront of the defaults experience ... As evidenced by this change, we’re constantly listening and learning, and welcome customer feedback that helps shape Windows. Windows 11 will continue to evolve over time; if we learn from user experience that there are ways to make improvements, we will do so."

Wow, if that isn't gobbledygook techspeak I don't know what is.

/ Windows 11 #104  
From that link:
"Microsoft does have an explanation (and offers some hope): "With Windows 11, we are implementing customer feedback to customize and control defaults at a more granular level, eliminating app categories and elevating all apps to the forefront of the defaults experience ... As evidenced by this change, we’re constantly listening and learning, and welcome customer feedback that helps shape Windows. Windows 11 will continue to evolve over time; if we learn from user experience that there are ways to make improvements, we will do so."

Wow, if that isn't gobbledygook techspeak I don't know what is.
It is just the kind of thing you get when the Engineers talk to the Publicisits. it makes perfect sense to my Engineer mind. I have a trick for writing to non engineers: Write things for normal humans in Word, and then tweak it until it says the reading level is down to the 5th or 6th grade reading level. If the audience includes biologists or the tree huggers drop down to 4th grade. Upper management, 3rd grade.

/ Windows 11 #105  
Is that like the NPR contributor/sponsor that "uses AI on enterprise scale, solving previously unsolvable etc."? Does that mean systems analysts for large companies have heard about computers already?

IMO, if you have the dattta Windows has a background processie to churn it unendingly going forward and perhaps at the end of the day you may be able to access your hardware for personal use. Don't ya just love progress?

/ Windows 11 #106  
I find it absolutely amazing that Microsoft is still the #1 operating system after all these years of pissing people off. Makes you wonder how the world works.

/ Windows 11 #107  
I find it absolutely amazing that Microsoft is still the #1 operating system after all these years of pissing people off. Makes you wonder how the world works.
Apparently there are a lot of masochists in the world.

/ Windows 11 #108  

MS still #1 if you limit to desktops and PC’s.

But Google Android is #1 (by a very slim margin) if you include phones and tablets. Android was only 2.4% five years ago and now they are 38%.

MoKelly

/ Windows 11 #109  
Marketing. That's the main reason.
Also deals done between MS and the PC and laptop suppliers to ensure Windows is installed on nearly every PC sold. For businesses they have effective lock-in strategies. To a lesser extent its also the technical illiteracy of the general population. By general population I include most users plus business managers and politicians. And of course its hard for the public to achieve technical literacy when the technology changes so rapidly. In the past there was also illegal tactics to kill any competition.
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.