/windmill water pump

/ /windmill water pump #21  
Paint the PEX if it's exposed. It's not UV protected & the sun will rot it. Paint or some other covering is needed to protect it.

/ /windmill water pump
You can't use the air pump idea, you would have to buy more pex pipe wouldn't you? Or do you have enough to make 2 runs to the pond?

Its just an ideal and he did say he had plenty of pex. I am still trying to figure out if we can even pump enough air to run the pump. Hard to put together many numbers if you dont know all the specifics. I am more of a rigger than I am engineer. LOL

/ /windmill water pump #23  
Its just an ideal and he did say he had plenty of pex. I am still trying to figure out if we can even pump enough air to run the pump. Hard to put together many numbers if you dont know all the specifics. I am more of a rigger than I am engineer. LOL

Well, if the 1/2 pex isn't large enough, run parallel runs of it? Suck through 2 or 3 1/2" pipes. I am a rigger too.

/ /windmill water pump #24  
PEX is quite stiff. It will handle vacuum fine. But PEX breaks down very quickly under ultraviolet light. It has to buried and protected from sun shine.

/ /windmill water pump
been doing other things but still thinking about this. Something I thought of is why cant the piston pump work on both the up and down stroke. The top half of the cylinder is the same as the bottom except for the push rod. I dont think I can make it work using the pvc type pumps, but using a air cyl with a piston and rod. The rod end of the cyl could be used a pump just the same as the base end. It would mean a couple more check valves and a little fancy plumbing but it should mean about 50%75% more flow. I probably need to make up a stick drawing to show what I a talking about. I am talking about building a air pump not a water pump.

/ /windmill water pump #26  
Double acting pump.

Think about making a test run with an air compressor to see if the water lift idea will work.

/ /windmill water pump
Planning on making a visit friday to check out the windmill. Hes supposed to have the pvc water pump made. Hopefully it will work and I can just watch it do its thing. BIL is pretty handy, worked as a maintence man at weyerhaeuser for years until he retired.

/ /windmill water pump #28  
Look familiar ?

Attachments

• aeratorSetup.jpg
    aeratorSetup.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 152
   / /windmill water pump
Thought I would update the progress. BIL built the pump and hooked everything up. Pump wont pull the water up the hill. He rigged it somehow next to the pond and says it will push the water up to the water tank. So now his plans are to move the windmill down to the pond.

/ /windmill water pump #30  
Thought I would update the progress. BIL built the pump and hooked everything up. Pump wont pull the water up the hill. He rigged it somehow next to the pond and says it will push the water up to the water tank. So now his plans are to move the windmill down to the pond.

Where are the PHOTOS of this thing?!! Cool idea.