Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #11  
WE put in 18 fruit and nut trees last year, we did a complete wire cage wrap around each tree about 3 feet in diameter. lots of work, but it worked.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #12  
Andys 2022bow.jpg

they like electric fence post too.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #13  
A big expensive pickup just smacked a buck by my driveway. One less to rub my trees. I hate to see them go that way though.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #14  
A gun works well for buck rub control.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #15  
So do big dogs. Never had a deer eat in my gardens, now the geese (ours) are another problem.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs.
Ended up doing t posts so they can't push them far enough to snap them and corregated pipe. A lot of work but in 2 days they took out 15 of the 60 I have down my drive. About $$1,000 worth of trees at the current size.

Only question on the pipe is heat trapment being black. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to remove them in the spring once the antlers drop so I don't overhead the trunks. It's perferated pipe but still not sure on that.
20221101_082417.jpg

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #17  
I dont think you need to remove them as the tubex tubes act as a green house promoting growth, (lets them break dormancy earlier.

Finally got a look at two of the suspects. The bigger of the two was chasing the other buck from a doe yesterday morning out the back of the house. Was almost dark so these were the best pics I could get. The bigger one is probably the one my wife has been talking about all summer. I had yet to see him until yesterday morning.

Attachments

• DSC_1158.jpg
    DSC_1158.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC_1156.jpg
    DSC_1156.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
   / Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #19  
In my experience almost anything works, even some very open plastic mesh material.

In my experience almost anything works, even some very open plastic mesh material.
Haven't lost any additional trees since wrapping and adding t-posts. I have 15 that will need replaced this spring when I can get Menards to order some in. Tried to go to the local nursury but they wanted twice the price.