Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #21  
Haven't lost any additional trees since wrapping and adding t-posts. I have 15 that will need replaced this spring when I can get Menards to order some in. Tried to go to the local nursury but they wanted twice the price.
I realize your weather differs from Tx but fall planted trees here have far higher survival rates than spring plus in 5 years fall planted trees are much larger and robust than spring planted 6 months earlier. Kind of curious why you are planting so many Maple where there's many others better adapted.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #22  
Around the 3X T-posts, 48-inch high welded wire fence wrapped and tied with zip-ties works. We've done this for years. Deer will both rub and eat the bark or the wood destroying your trees.

View attachment 767962

View attachment 767964

View attachment 767965
I have been using 3-4 T-posts around smaller trees for years after losing many trees to Bucks. The T-posts alone seem to work, but in several cases I also used PVC (1/2) pipe from post to post. Drilled a small hole in the pipe and tied the pipe across to the t-posts with wire. The added benefit, if you place the T-posts correctly was that it keeps the tree straight / support against the wind.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs.
I realize your weather differs from Tx but fall planted trees here have far higher survival rates than spring plus in 5 years fall planted trees are much larger and robust than spring planted 6 months earlier. Kind of curious why you are planting so many Maple where there's many others better adapted.
They are being used to line about 1,100 ft of driveway. Maples are well adapted here. I have several I have planted over the years with no issues. Out of the 60 I planted this spring we only lost the ones this fall to the deer. All of the others made it and added as much as 2 ft of growth. Reason for the October Glory maples is great color, they change later than most other trees, and hold their leave longer. The ones along the drive are the only trees around here at the moment that still have most of their leaves and are still bright red.

/ Will this work? Need to protect trees from buck rubs. #24  
Ended up doing t posts so they can't push them far enough to snap them and corregated pipe. A lot of work but in 2 days they took out 15 of the 60 I have down my drive. About $$1,000 worth of trees at the current size.

Only question on the pipe is heat trapment being black. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to remove them in the spring once the antlers drop so I don't overhead the trunks. It's perferated pipe but still not sure on that. View attachment 768708
I have used 3" gas appliance vent duct, and chicken wire on rebar stakes to keep them from browsing the leaves.