Why bigger tractors are better

/ Why bigger tractors are better #2  
2 super simple reasons why bigger is ALWAYS better - Unstuck (a year later) | Chicken Thistle Farm

(that is - until the bigger one gets stuck) :D

You gotta stop taking that lil' Bota out there in the muck. Shoot, there's standing water in the furrows, for pity's sake. I think you did it on purpose. :):) Keeping up a blog is tough.

Like the looks of the big Blue, though.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #3  
On Saturday I was in a wooded bottom where I want to plant a food plot in the fall. I was pushing debris here and there when I saw the right front tire sink and spin. No problem, just put it in reverse and get outta there. No such luck. Ok, then turn wheels and go forward. That just put the back tires in the muck.

Thank goodness for the force on the FEL bucket curl, and the tooth bar. I was able to turn bucket all the way down so the teeth stuck in the muck. Then simultaneously I curled the bucket up and hit reverse. Six or seven attempts at this and I was out of the muck. At one point I thought I was going to need BIG BLUE, or BIG RED, or BIG ORANGE, or BIG GREEN to get me out.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #4  
Just got in from some seat time :D moving some logs, getting them ready for the band saw fellow. Well the one log my loader just couldn't lift. Wife was watching and when I got off the tractor I suggested I needed a bigger tractor. All I got from her was a very warm smile. Nope, don't think I'll be getting a bigger tractor any time soon. :(
Glad you got your tractor out without having to get an excavator to haul it out.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #5  
Just got in from some seat time :D moving some logs, getting them ready for the band saw fellow. Well the one log my loader just couldn't lift. Wife was watching and when I got off the tractor I suggested I needed a bigger tractor. All I got from her was a very warm smile. Nope, don't think I'll be getting a bigger tractor any time soon. :(
Glad you got your tractor out without having to get an excavator to haul it out.

Guess some of you guys have it tough, all I have to do is get my dogs approval and were off. I tell him "Joey I guess we need a new watchamacallit" and if he doesn't say no then were off to the store.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #6  
fishpick, do the chickens ever offer to help get you unstuck?? You would think with all the effort you put into their grazing pasture, they would be more appreciative of it!! LOL.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #7  
Guess some of you guys have it tough, all I have to do is get my dogs approval and were off. I tell him "Joey I guess we need a new watchamacallit" and if he doesn't say no then were off to the store.

Good thing the dog doesn't have to say "Yes".:D

/ Why bigger tractors are better #8  
My health is not what I had hoped at my age and I have been preparing my wife for the times to come. Last year I began her introduction to our geared Case CX80 with 10'6" Woods DS1260 rotary cutter. The 3-point can be controled wit a rocker switch after you set the upper and lower rages by two dials or you can use a third dial after you set the other two. The AWD/4WD has 2WD, full 4WD and 4WD on demand all selections via rocker switch. It has 8 forward and back with shuttle shift and so on. When I mentioned maybe we needed a cabbed HST Kubota, she was surprisingly eager to get one; all in the approach...

/ Why bigger tractors are better #9  
Quote:
I tell him "Joey I guess we need a new watchamacallit" and if he doesn't say no then were off to the store.
End Quote.

Hmm, I just look myself in the mirror and say... Hmmm I think I need a "Whatchamacallit" and then proceed to order/get/purchase it. :D

Granted I do have to pay for it... but the CC sure is nice.

/ Why bigger tractors are better #10  
On Saturday I was in a wooded bottom where I want to plant a food plot in the fall. I was pushing debris here and there when I saw the right front tire sink and spin. No problem, just put it in reverse and get outta there. No such luck. Ok, then turn wheels and go forward. That just put the back tires in the muck.

Thank goodness for the force on the FEL bucket curl, and the tooth bar. I was able to turn bucket all the way down so the teeth stuck in the muck. Then simultaneously I curled the bucket up and hit reverse. Six or seven attempts at this and I was out of the muck. At one point I thought I was going to need BIG BLUE, or BIG RED, or BIG ORANGE, or BIG GREEN to get me out.

Exactly the same thing happened to me... Exactly. The only difference is that I don't have a tooth-bar.

The fact that I'd got stuck wasn't what worried me, it was the dread of having to make the walk of shame to the local guy with the "real" tractor... :( My missus pointing and laughing didn't help much either :laughing:

Fortunately, Difflocks, 4WD and bucket curl saved the day. :thumbsup: