• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Who's got one?

/ Who's got one? #51  
20230527_093943.jpg
20230527_094921.jpg
20230527_094942.jpg
20230527_094952.jpg

/ Who's got one? #52  
Thank you for the photos! They're quite well equipped little machines, and they look to be well built.

A few things, if I may?

I can't believe you're the first person I've seen to use magnetic tool box accessories on a tractor, it seems so simple, but I've never even considered it.

What do you think of the Speeco E-Hitch?

Lastly, that K30 3+3 is absolutely wonderful; what year is she?

/ Who's got one? #53  
You may. The Summit TX25 only has a couple little depressions in the fenders for "storage". I took the tool kit that came with it in the welcome kit and put it in the cross tube on the loader. Then I was thinking to myself, self, I can't possibly store all that I could need with me on this tractor at a moment's notice with what is the onboard storage. I have always looked at the toolbox magnetic storage solutions and thought that's cool, but I don't want that crap hanging on my toolboxes. Then a bit of magic and inspiration hit me and jam, clang, grind I decided to order some for the tractor. Long story short it seemed a nifty way to utilize some space on the back of the tractor without drilling holes randomly and bolting on crap I may hate and or regret later. Like getting a tattoo "No regerts!"

I think the Speeco quick hitch is great. It is even greater since I got the hydraulic top link. I spent the first grueling week of tractor ownership fighting with the top link, bottom link things and pins and I can't tell you how, but I got them all mixed up and lost... Now I can back up to the box blade, or other implement, and pick it up without all that hassle. Thanks, Speeco!

Oh, did you notice the ol' Chevy 3+3 I conveniently, unintentionally inconspicuously, purposely let slip into the background of the Summit TX25 pictures you asked for? It's my trifecta of diesel vehicles. Don't mind the 2006 Dmax. You're looking at a 1978 model, "factory" equipped with a brand new 12v 5.9 Cummins, with compound turbos, a 48RH transmission, NP205 transfer case, and more upgrades than a Hengear hen laying box.

/ Who's got one? #54  
If you're thinking of adding a hydraulic top link, to the TX25 it's not quite a simple bolt on. I will do a write up on this. Minor tractor deconstruction is required. I have added a safety knob on the 3 point hydraulics to keep others from inadvertently adjusting my settings.

/ Who's got one? #56  
Your writing style gave me a solid chuckle, you ought to stick around!

/ Who's got one?
If you're thinking of adding a hydraulic top link, to the TX25 it's not quite a simple bolt on. I will do a write up on this. Minor tractor deconstruction is required. I have added a safety knob on the 3 point hydraulics to keep others from inadvertently adjusting my settings.
Getting ever closer to signing papers to get one.

It appears the hydraulic top link is an accessory that I would really like to have. Is there a thread on the installation? I did a quick search and didn't find it. I have put off buying for the last few years as I am still away from home but it is time. I currently have a subcompact tractor but really wanting the size of the Summit. Also noted was the availability in Central Illinois through a couple dealers.

Any new opinions of them now that they have been out for a few years?

/ Who's got one? #58  

It appears the hydraulic top link is an accessory that I would really like to have. Is there a thread on the installation? I did a quick search and didn't find it. I have put off buying for the last few years as I am still away from home but it is time. I currently have a subcompact tractor but really wanting the size of the Summit. Also noted was the availability in Central Illinois through a couple dealers.

What's the out the door price on the tractor you are buying?

/ Who's got one?
The price I saw listed from one of the farm stores was $19,500.
Just my opinion here.
For the size, options and qualities that I noted when looking them over, I would not go so far as to say it is a bargain but I would say it is definitely a fair price and good value to me. Being realistic, I would never intend to sell or trade it in. This would probably be my last new tractor purchase and I can get all the options I want. Small tractors have gotten much more option and feature oriented over the last several years. They Summit has been set up right from the factory. The available options makes it just about perfect to me.

/ Who's got one? #60  

I bought my first compact tractor back in 1979 when I started building my house. It was a 17HP Kubota B7100HST with FEL and backhoe (not shown).
1982-09-026b.jpg

Initially, I used it to dig the foundation footings for the house in the background. Over the next 20 years, I used it to do other large projects like septic systems, road grading, snow plowing, landscaping & mowing. Not as fast as a larger machine, but given time, it's truly amazing what these little tractors can do.

Ad bottom of page