• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Who's got one?

/ Who's got one? #1  

blacktruck

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub cadet 2450, JD 420, Ford LGT18H
Alright, I will admit to being more than a little curious about these tractors. A lot of people think a subcompact or compact tractor are too small to do real work. I beg to differ. These are a perfect size for many home and property owners. All my opinion of course. These really look good with the right standard equipment. I will wait just a little bit longer to see if they make it to my home area in Illinois. If not, I'll travel to get one. I would like to see some reports from an owner. Don't bust my bubble please. I am looking forward to seeing more and running one when I can get some seat time.

/ Who's got one? #2  
Gonna need to wait about five years to a real answer to this question. They do appear to have some nice features and solid components, we'll see.

/ Who's got one? #3  
I don't know anyone who has one of these tractors, but I'll tell you what, they are sure helping sponsor this website. Triple ad setup on a single forum thread, impressive.

Agree that the specs and standard features look very good for the price.

1678983691007.png

/ Who's got one? #4  
Alright, I will admit to being more than a little curious about these tractors. A lot of people think a subcompact or compact tractor are too small to do real work. I beg to differ. These are a perfect size for many home and property owners. All my opinion of course. These really look good with the right standard equipment. I will wait just a little bit longer to see if they make it to my home area in Illinois. If not, I'll travel to get one. I would like to see some reports from an owner. Don't bust my bubble please. I am looking forward to seeing more and running one when I can get some seat time.
If you want to see more stuff about these tractors online, just search for Solis 26. It's the actual name of it and they're literally everywhere in Europe, since they pretty much destroyed the competition in the 20 to 25HP category as far as sales go.

/ Who's got one?
If you want to see more stuff about these tractors online, just search for Solis 26. It's the actual name of it and they're literally everywhere in Europe, since they pretty much destroyed the competition in the 20 to 25HP category as far as sales go.
Thank you sir.
Will do. I didn't know they had been marketed under another name. The specs and features really interest me.

/ Who's got one? #6  
Thank you sir.
Will do. I didn't know they had been marketed under another name. The specs and features really interest me.
These are actually made by Sonalika in India, then sold with the Solis S26 name. I guess Summit just made a deal with them for a different paint and stickers.

They also have bigger tractors, up to 120HP I believe and are actually launching more stuff this year, like a 35HP Cabbed one. I've checked the S26 in person and liked what I saw as well.

Their 90HP narrow model also sold very well for the specialized tractor market (mostly orchards and vineyard farms).

Last edited:
   / Who's got one? #7  
They are just hitting the market over the past 90-120 days or so. Every week more retailers are getting the machines so over the next few months you'll be seeing more and more about them. I haven't seen any TBN members post about buying one yet but you're more than welcome to become the first. 😁

Yes ITL in India manufacturers the unit and as others have said the machine comes nicely equipped.

Obviously when you look at the names of the retailers who are carrying Summit Tractors, that says a lot about the quality right off the bat.

Courtney Scott on YouTube has one and is putting it through the paces. There are other guys on YouTube who have them also. In time you'll see more info from Summit Tractors posted here and in our emails.

/ Who's got one?
These are actually made by Sonalika in India, then sold with the Solis S26 name. I guess Summit just made a deal with them for a different paint and stickers.

They also have bigger tractors, up to 120HP I believe and are actually launching more stuff this year, like a 35HP Cabbed one. I've checked them in person and liked what I saw as well.

Their 90HP narrow model also sold very well for the specialized tractor market (mostly orchards and vineyard farms).
I saw something on them a year or so ago I think. I did not know they are made in India. That said, that also causes me no problems at all. If I could find a US made tractor that checked all the boxes and was priced right, I would buy one. If those criteria can't be met, I'll find something else. I've had a Yanmar since 2009ish. I bought it new and have had nothing but great service out of that little tractor. Buying one made in India or any other country doesn't bother me. I am not interested in a larger tractor but waiting patiently to see if a BH or other attachments become available for them.

/ Who's got one? #9  
We could not have said it better ourselves blacktruck, and we appreciate your interest in our brand. Family Farm & Home is our next retailer in line, and will begin offering Summit Tractors at select locations in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania in late March. Runnings will begin at select locations in Connecticut, New Hampshire and New York in early April, and we will be announcing another new retailer’s launch in late April in AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN. We are growing fast.

Last edited:
   / Who's got one? #10  
I saw something on them a year or so ago I think. I did not know they are made in India. That said, that also causes me no problems at all. If I could find a US made tractor that checked all the boxes and was priced right, I would buy one. If those criteria can't be met, I'll find something else. I've had a Yanmar since 2009ish. I bought it new and have had nothing but great service out of that little tractor. Buying one made in India or any other country doesn't bother me. I am not interested in a larger tractor but waiting patiently to see if a BH or other attachments become available for them.
I would have no problems in getting one either. I'm not in the market now but if these were available back in 2017 with the 9x9 Shuttle transmission like they have now, I would've been very interested in it. It's just about the perfect size for my needs. My current one is a bit too big but I can still make it work.

I often see people in the forum saying: "Go big", "Get the biggest one you can afford", but why? There is no point in going big if it then can't go to the places it needs to go. Or if they then don't have enough work load for the tractor to keep the emissions stuff happy.

Ad bottom of page