Who doesn't despise trolls?

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #31  
I didn't even notice that the thread was gone until you posted this.
I don't completely agree with your message but understand your point. It's somewhat common for somebody to bring a zombie thread up. After people start replying to it again they will delete the post which "bumped" it... leaving the next poster in line looking like they really were responding to some supernatural being.
We've discussed zombie threads before, one just has to notice when the thread was started.
It may also be helpful to point out to newbies that the thread is xx years old and the OP hasn't been seen since XXXX.
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
What you are discussing is minor.
If you've read any of my writings you've probably seen my
/edit
style.
This is a discussion that makes me miss Emily Postnews.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #32  
We've discussed zombie threads before, one just has to notice when the thread was started.
It may also be helpful to point out to newbies that the thread is xx years old and the OP hasn't been seen since XXXX.

What you are discussing is minor.
If you've read any of my writings you've probably seen my
/edit
style.
This is a discussion that makes me miss Emily Postnews.

🤣🤣

-----
Q: What about other important questions? How should I know when to post?

A: Always post them. It would be a big waste of your time to find a
knowledgeable user in one of the groups and ask through private mail if
the topic has already come up. Much easier to bother thousands of people
with the same question.

------
Q: What is the measure of a worthwhile group?

A: Why, it's Volume, Volume, Volume. Any group that has lots of noise in
it must be good. Remember, the higher the volume of material in a group,
the higher percentage of useful, factual and insightful articles you
will find. In fact, if a group can't demonstrate a high enough volume,
it should be deleted from the net.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls?
I wish life had an unlimited edit option, I have some comments I'd take back.
Don't we all? It has been said that the world would be better if people were born with the same amount of wisdom as they die with. Making heart felt apologies can be difficult but fortunately the necessity for making them gets farther apart every time we have to make one. Why? Because we learn to "proof read" in our head before opening our head. 🤔

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #35  
Amongst the worst of trolls are those who post then edit after responses have been posted and even worse are OPs that delete their original post and wipe out entire thread along with all replies. How long do you feel is reasonable for editing a post before it can't be edited? Same question for time allowed to delete a post? One always has the option of posting an explanation in the event they poorly word a post. The question is if the majority is in favor of asking Muhammad to take measures that limit time allowed to delete or edit.
Why is this an issue?
I've been on countless forums over the last 20 years and never once have I ever thought of this being a problem.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #36  
I've edited for grammar or factual errors. I see nothing wrong with that. Many grammar errors because of "auto spell". All my zerks become zeros.

Now that sounds like a country song!

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #37  
I'm not saying this is trolling. But many posts just don't give enough info for anyone to figure out. I tend not to respond to these, immediately, as the OP will then add info later that counter acts any sort of help, one may offer on the limited information given in the first post. And makes your early reply a waste of time in an earnest attempt to help the OP. Some will even comeback and say your advice was idiotic as will posters that follow after the crucial bit of information was then revealed.
For instance, OP says they need direction/advice on something, but the description of the circumstances are vague and no pics to help out. Pics really are worth a thousand words. This is a community help forum. Its up to the OP to give ALL information they can. A post that starts with I don't know about some thing, some thing, and its not working in something, or something sort of way, with no pic and no references to even the equipment or the environment it is used in, is a waste of time to respond to.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #38  
My tractor won't start.
HELP!
------------------------
What kind of tractor? How does it not start?
------------------------
Red. and that's what I'm asking for help about.
-------------------------
...etc...

:D

Bruce

/ Who doesn't despise trolls?
I'm not saying this is trolling. But many posts just don't give enough info for anyone to figure out. I tend not to respond to these, immediately, as the OP will then add info later that counter acts any sort of help, one may offer on the limited information given in the first post. And makes your early reply a waste of time in an earnest attempt to help the OP. Some will even comeback and say your advice was idiotic as will posters that follow after the crucial bit of information was then revealed.
For instance, OP says they need direction/advice on something, but the description of the circumstances are vague and no pics to help out. Pics really are worth a thousand words. This is a community help forum. Its up to the OP to give ALL information they can. A post that starts with I don't know about some thing, some thing, and its not working in something, or something sort of way, with no pic and no references to even the equipment or the environment it is used in, is a waste of time to respond to.
I liken it to kid with a football but no one to play with. He spots a room full of monkeys and tosses the ball in through the open window. To his delight every monkey in the room wants the ball and their antics are beyond entertaining.

/ Who doesn't despise trolls? #40  
I have an anti-trolling software on my computer. It basically prevents me from searching for anything on the internet, reading any posts, or interacting with social media in any way.