White Field Boss 37 PTO problem.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #1  

klem531

Tractor
Ford New Holland 1620
White fieldboss 2.jpg Welp fellers, here finally is a picture of the old girl, My Field Boss 37 (Iseki TE4370), in one of many states of repair:rolleyes: I am having one heck of a time figuring out why this PTO wont work. Maybe someone in computer land can help. Ok, this is what I have done so far: There is a gear shift lever that mechanically engages and disengages the drive gears for the PTO. This is working... The PTO spins freely when disengaged and does not when engaged- makes sense right? Next, there is a switch on the dash that controls a solenoid that provides oil flow to the PTO control valve. Switch in on position, I have 12 volts at the solenoid and I can hear the solenoid pull in.Turn switch off solenoid returns to open. Next, there is a clutch lever on the trans case that controls oil flow to the PTO control valve and the rate at which the PTO engages. The lever when moved forward, pushes in a plunger on the valve assembly and I presume alows oil to flow. The plunger appears to be going all the way in when engaged. Oh and of course I have checked the oil level. I'm not really sure what to check next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony K. P.S. I have all the manuals for this tractor so If I can help someone else with a diagram, Part# etc. please let me know.;)

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #2  
I assume your pto is slipping when engaged. If it has been run this way for a while the clutch disks will need replacing. The cause could be the clutch was not engaging completely( leaking piston orings or low pressure to the piston) or the facing were warn from use.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem.
Hi Leonard, thanks for taking the to read my post and reply. What you are saying makes alot of sense. What I would like to know is would'nt the PTO try and turn even though it was slipping, make some sort of noise,anything? When I try and turn it on nothing happens. No noise, growl, whimper, nothing. The troubleshooting guide in my manual says it could be a broken spring or clogged oriffice in the valve assembly. I plan on digging into it alittle deeper tonight. Thanks again, Tony K.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #4  
Hi klem531, I had pto troubles on my Field Boss 37 but mine did turn, but it would stop under load. I found my pto support had grooves worn in it and was not putting enough hydraulic pressure on the pto clutch disks. My disks were OK. I could not find a pto support so I had it machined out and a bushing installed. It seems like the pto is the weakest link on these tractors because of the ones I've seen or heard about on the internet all of them had pto issues.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #5  
It is a hydraulically activated wet clutch. If it isn't engaged far enough or the facings are too warn, it won't turn at all.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem.
:) Well I found the problem or should I say problem's. First of all I pulled the filter and found it was completely coated with some sort of slimey film. It was so bad I'm suprised anything hydraulic worked at all. So I boiled it clean and reinstalled it thinking this was the fix but The PTO still would not turn. So then I removed the valve assembly and found the valve for the PTO was bound up so I tapped it out with a straight punch and hammer, removed the small amout of corrosion, removed and cleaned all the spools/ valves re-assembled it and re- installed it and alah - peanut butter sandwhiches the PTO came back from the dead. So, now all I need to do is load - test it and hopefully that will be that.:D

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #7  
View attachment 94899 Welp fellers, here finally is a picture of the old girl, My Field Boss 37 (Iseki TE4370), in one of many states of repair:rolleyes: I am having one heck of a time figuring out why this PTO wont work. Maybe someone in computer land can help. Ok, this is what I have done so far: There is a gear shift lever that mechanically engages and disengages the drive gears for the PTO. This is working... The PTO spins freely when disengaged and does not when engaged- makes sense right? Next, there is a switch on the dash that controls a solenoid that provides oil flow to the PTO control valve. Switch in on position, I have 12 volts at the solenoid and I can hear the solenoid pull in.Turn switch off solenoid returns to open. Next, there is a clutch lever on the trans case that controls oil flow to the PTO control valve and the rate at which the PTO engages. The lever when moved forward, pushes in a plunger on the valve assembly and I presume alows oil to flow. The plunger appears to be going all the way in when engaged. Oh and of course I have checked the oil level. I'm not really sure what to check next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tony K. P.S. I have all the manuals for this tractor so If I can help someone else with a diagram, Part# etc. please let me know.;)

Could you email me the pto information from the shop manual? my 31 is doing the same

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #8  
There is a hydraulic clutch pack. Orings could be bad, but more likely is that the clutch disks are bad. FB37 disks are no longer available. I can supply the FB31 disks.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #9  
The pto clutches on my TL3200 were unavailable so I had them refaced for $50 a disk.

/ White Field Boss 37 PTO problem. #10  
what is the cost on the fb37 disk and how many are there?