Which grapple

/ Which grapple #31  
Delgra, please post some pics of your set up.

/ Which grapple #32  
James, Thanks for the input. How long is your line from grapple to 1st connectors? Mine is EA standard 46" and I could not tie down those connectors as it would limit the upward extension of the unit. It just seems there is too much movement of the front lines. I went under from the front, not on the arms as you did. I wonder if that makes a difference? I cut a yellow birch 20" on the stump today, dropped it on the trail and didn't have to pick up 1 branch to clean up. Good seat time!

I had them make mine 1 foot longer. As sent they were too short, and I sent back the hoses, and they made up longer ones at no charge.

/ Which grapple
ck35 037.jpgck35 038.jpgck35 039.jpgck35 040.jpg
Here is the latest, another happy day in the great white north, -26 that's -12 to you southern lads. I love winter! I wrapped the connectors in front so they wouldn't scratch the paint.

Last edited:
   / Which grapple #34  
need to make a bulk fitting mount to the crossbar guard mount

/ Which grapple #35  
View attachment 362967View attachment 362968View attachment 362969View attachment 362970
Here is the latest, another happy day in the great white north, -26 that's -12 to you southern lads. I love winter! I wrapped the connectors in front so they wouldn't scratch the paint.

Hey, what's with the duct tape. We don't allow duct tape on orange tractors. Into the penalty box. 2 minutes.

Now, bungee cords are approved by the league. Zip ties are approved. Welded or bolted bulkhead mount fittings are great if you wanna get fancy. But, we don't wanna see no stinking duct tape!

/ Which grapple #36  
Yeah, put an L angle between the two bolts that hold the shield onto the crossbar between the loader arms. Punch two holes in it side by side. Attach the hoses to the angle and you're done. Run your slack along your loader arm and attach with zip ties of adequate size. The way you have it rigged now will be nothing but problems.:confused3:

/ Which grapple
Good Morning, I appreciate your concerns Gentleman and thank you for your input. The grapple lines are a work in progress and I must say I agree with the appearance of duct tape on an orange tractor. I tried zip ties but they broke, now the L angle will be considered. I probably got the lines too long (16') and I'am not too tore about the look of that big loop on the front. Stay tuned. For now I have to put the loader back on and do some light plowing for the elder neighbors. As far as the 2 minute penalty Island...wheres your stripped shirt and whistle?

/ Which grapple #38  
Good Morning, I appreciate your concerns Gentleman and thank you for your input. The grapple lines are a work in progress and I must say I agree with the appearance of duct tape on an orange tractor. I tried zip ties but they broke, now the L angle will be considered. I probably got the lines too long (16') and I'am not too tore about the look of that big loop on the front. Stay tuned. For now I have to put the loader back on and do some light plowing for the elder neighbors. As far as the 2 minute penalty Island...wheres your stripped shirt and whistle?

Whistle? Whistle? I don't need to show you no stinking whistle! I was just trying to speak a language a Canuck would understand. You should be glad it was only a two minute minor! ( We are still a little sensitive about what you guys did to us in Sochi)

Back to business: on my first tractor with grapple I had a similar grapple remote arrangement (minus tape). You can take up excess hose more neatly by creating a loop or zigzag at the back near the rear remotes and secure with zip ties. In front the excess is a bit of a hazard as it can snag on brush etc. You do need some extra up front but to keep it under control I put a tight zip tie to hold the two lines together then slipped a bungee cord into that zipped bundle and attached the other end to the torque tube with zip ties too. Adjust tension so it can easily stretch when the grapple is fully dumped but still takes up most slack when fully curled. I never did use more than zip ties which were not exactly beautiful (but better than duct tape!) and worked fine. They would also break when stressed rather than tear hoses so are kind of a safety feature.

/ Which grapple
Not to beat a dead horse, but our guys were awesome in Sochi. Of course the war cry in Canada is now "play like a girl" I'am sure you haven't forgotten the Women! Some good grapple suggestions, thanks. Remember Vancouver!!

/ Which grapple #40  
Not to beat a dead horse, but our guys were awesome in Sochi. Of course the war cry in Canada is now "play like a girl" I'am sure you haven't forgotten the Women! Some good grapple suggestions, thanks. Remember Vancouver!!

I was actually referring to the women. Your guys just whipped our butts start to finish. It was the ladies that shocked us.

As for Vancouver, I prefer to recall the Bruins in Vancouver.