Which engine is in your Yanmar

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #151  
The Yanmar Yahoo Groups site has an MS-Excel file. From time-to-time I make updates. Several sites are referenced and cross-referenced. However, I do find the best information from these forums when conflicting information is given.

The list includes the John Deere made by Yanmar and Yanmars (mostly in the gray markets). I do have the European Yanmar machine lists, but have not entered any information yet. Interestingly, the Yanmar numbers that are SKIPPED in the USA are the numbers used in Europe and elsewhere.

A person can devote months gathering information just on the gray market versions.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #152  
I have a john deere 990 it has a yanmar 4tne84ejk motor it needs a piston and head gasket . I would like to know if I have to get these from jd. or is the internal from all 4tne84 blocks the same

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #154  
Hi everyone. First post here. I bought a Zen-noh Yanmar a while back mainly to get the engine, as it was posted for sale as "will not move". Motor purred like it was new so I brought it home, and it has just under 1400 hrs. The gauge cluster calls it a Yanmar F24, but the engine covers are badged by Zen-noh as an F22.
The engine is labeled as a 3TNB84UA, so I'm 99.9% sure it's a Yanmar F24 after the dozen or so hours of internet browsing on it. I did a preliminary inspection in the gearbox and found a broken tooth. I've decided not to part it out, but will end up repairing it and will perform a mild restoration (low cost, high time). Once I get going I'll post a new thread

Attachments

• 20170922_190717.jpg
    20170922_190717.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
  • 20170922_190911.jpg
    20170922_190911.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
   / Which engine is in your Yanmar #155  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: What gear was the broken tooth on.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #156  
Can't wait. But are the gears cast or cut? You gonna run it with a broken tooth or going to have it welded back up and reground? I know gears are in short supply for that so I wouldn't think you could find one unless there was a parts tractor somewhere that they were fine parting out.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #157  
Can't wait. But are the gears cast or cut? You gonna run it with a broken tooth or going to have it welded back up and reground? I know gears are in short supply for that so I wouldn't think you could find one unless there was a parts tractor somewhere that they were fine parting out.
The broken one I saw didn't look cast to me.
I'm going to weld it if I can. It's not open anymore, so I can't tell you exactly which one(s). One for sure is on top, one of the front 3. The whole tooth was sheared clean off. I'm sure it's still down there. I'll post a pic of the gear first thing when I get going on it.
Will post on a new thread once I get going so we don't get off topic here. I'm tied up all through Oct, so won't get into it for a full month or so.
Thanks for the welcomes, looking forward to getting into this project!

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #158  
I will be surprised if your ring and pinion are not suspect.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #160  
Wheels locked up, or rolls but can't engage a gear, or ??
Clutch works. It will go in gear, and I have been able to move it a few inches, maybe a foot, then it stops rolling.
Same condition in any gear. I don't know enough about the drive train, so I'm not ruling anything out.... including the possibility of the ring and pinion as Winston mentions. But the sounds it's making is right in the gear cluster area. It makes these bad noises even in neutral, when the R&P are idle. My guess is that theres a bad "important" gear on the main shaft coming from the clutch that needs attention. I'm trying not to move it much, as I don't want to make it worse. 3 weeks and I'll have some time to find out for sure