Which engine is in your Yanmar

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #171  

Interesting, my old 2002D was a 3T80U-NAP and had power steering. I am guessing you do not have power steering? 100_7560.JPG

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #172  
Interesting, my old 2002D was a 3T80U-NAP and had power steering. I am guessing you do not have power steering?View attachment 635329

st amazed that the YM2002 had the 3T80. In the YM2500 and then the YM2610, the Hp went higher. Wonder if the fuel pump setup on the higher models was placed on the YM2002 to get more power? It just seems logical.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #173  
st amazed that the YM2002 had the 3T80. In the YM2500 and then the YM2610, the Hp went higher. Wonder if the fuel pump setup on the higher models was placed on the YM2002 to get more power? It just seems logical.

The 2002 3T80U-NA or NAP is not a sleeved engine. The 2500 or the 2610 engine are sleeved engines so they are quite different even though they have the same bore size.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #174  
Interesting, my old 2002D was a 3T80U-NAP and had power steering. I am guessing you do not have power steering?View attachment 635329

No power steering on mine. It steers fairly easily with a bit of movement or loose soil under it. On a hard surface and not moving, it is a bear at least until I lift it a bit the the FEL.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #175  
The 2002 3T80U-NA or NAP is not a sleeved engine. The 2500 or the 2610 engine are sleeved engines so they are quite different even though they have the same bore size.

Notice the fuel bowl on top of the YM2002 3T80 engine is more for glow plugs and not the thermostart. hmmmm

There is a 3T80LE out there. It's used in some things as well; excavators, generators and 1 or 2 tractor models.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #176  
Notice the fuel bowl on top of the YM2002 3T80 engine is more for glow plugs and not the thermostart. hmmmm

There is a 3T80LE out there. It's used in some things as well; excavators, generators and 1 or 2 tractor models.

That would at the best be misinformation!!!!!!!
While my photo does not show the thermostart it is indeed present!
If you know what you are looking at it is clearly present in Winston1 photo!

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #177  
That would at the best be misinformation!!!!!!!
While my photo does not show the thermostart it is indeed present!
If you know what you are looking at it is clearly present in Winston1 photo!

Ah, you are correct sir. I missed where the thermostart is located. I followed the wrong hose. On my YM2610, there is only 1-hose on the tiny plastic tank. The YM2002 looks as if 3 hoses are on it. hmmm.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #178  
Those other hoses are return to the fuel tank. Some of the old Yanmars have that setup where the tank is filled from leakoff from the injectors, some just a tank that has to be filled manually.

/ Which engine is in your Yanmar #180  
yanmar 1700 2tr17
If you need manuals for free in PDF, the link below in my signature will get you to them.
Compliments of the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GroupsIO