Which attachment?

/ Which attachment? #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
Which attachment do you use for getting the crab grass out of you gravel driveway? (I don稚 want to go buy a 55 gal drum of round-up).
sherpa

/ Which attachment? #2  
I have used a propane torch to great effect on weeds. No chemicals, and it kills the weeds well. Other than that, a box blade would turn things over well enough in a few passes I would think.

/ Which attachment?
PondCreekFarm said:
I have used a propane torch to great effect on weeds. No chemicals, and it kills the weeds well. Other than that, a box blade would turn things over well enough in a few passes I would think.

I have used a scrape blade (back blade) several times. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using a pulverizer to get the grass out of their gravel and if it worked?
sherpa

/ Which attachment? #4  
sherpa said:
Which attachment do you use for getting the crab grass out of you gravel driveway? (I don稚 want to go buy a 55 gal drum of round-up).
sherpa

Wow you must have a long driveway, that would be 251 acres worth of RU......

A blade, box blade, or York rake will do a good job of leveling the gravel & breaking up any vegitation for 6 months to a year. I prefer the blade or York/ landscape rake set at quite an angle, pull the gravel in to the middle in spring as the drive dries out but is still a little soft, then blade it back out to the sides a bit. Takes 4-6 passes to do a good job. The angled blade will also not set up washboard action, but keep the drive level & smooth. A box blade is harder to prevent the washboard effect.

If your driveway is packed hard & baked solid, might not be a good time to bother trying to do anything.

--->Paul

/ Which attachment? #5  
I've been using Pronto from the TSC. It comes in a 2 gallon (I think)concentrate. I mix it about 8 parts water to 1 part chemical. Been using the same jug for a couple of years. I mix about 15 gallons at a time to do the drive. I have a broadcast sprayer on the back of the 4wheeler. This brand costs less than round up and has good results.