Where's the birds?

/ Where's the birds? #31  
Not sure if screeching is causing the birds to not come to my place. The has been a Hawk staying close by for several week. Woods is only 10' from feeder. More birds are showing up at feeder. Still have not refilled it this month.

/ Where's the birds? #32  
I haven't seen any birds around here for a while. However there may be a reason. For the last few days I've been hearing a screech from some bird. It sounds like the screech that accompanies those tv documentary scenes that show an eagle soaring above a mountain.
I haven't spotted him yet, but I think that I have a raptor.

I know our red-tailed hawks screech, especially in the springtime when looking for a mate. I don't think they are prone to much screeching this time of year when they are more solitary birds. Do you have hawks in your area? On a recent trip of about 75 miles one way, we saw about 5 big red-tails perched in treetops along the highway ROW.

/ Where's the birds? #33  
Weather hasn't been bad enough yet, around here (north MO)! We feed year-round, have some birds, but not the normal winter crop. Plenty of wild seeds available yet.

We haven't even seen any Snow geese coming through yet. The Canadian geese are gathering the last few days. I saw six swans flying over a couple of days ago, unusual sight here! ~~ grnspot