Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples?

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #11  
Thanks, nice set up, that is what I'm looking for. Too bad I'm in upstate NY, no NS tractors to date around here. Kioti mentioned that this model is between the DK and NX series, did you find the price to reflect that?
They didn't have any DK or NX models in stock. I think the NS is priced in between those two. I really liked the larger frame of the NS, compared to the old DK35 I was replacing (Cub clone). There is so much more room in the operator area, which is nice when mowing for 6 hours. I love the suspension seat. I don't like having a step only on the left side of the tractor though. I like the telescoping lower links on the 3pt hitch. I don't think a new DK has that. I like the loader control next to the seat on the NS, but I think the new DK still has it mounted forward on the right stanchion of the loader frame support, same as my old tractor. . I am still getting used to all the safety interlocks that my old tractor didn't have. I was just lucky that day when I saw it, and it was set up just how I needed it to be. I didn't pass it up because I figured it might be a while before another one showed up. I was looking at the other orange tractor's LS4701 line, but it was more $$ money and the dealer was further away with multiple stores. The Kioti dealer near me is a family operation that has been there a long time and you can deal with the owners. The controls are virtually identical to my old tractor, so my muscle memory doesn't have to learn many new things. I think the hand throttle is reversed from my old tractor; clockwise to go faster now, and counterclockwise to go slower. This is the shuttle shift version. Now I need to build a carport for it.

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples?
They didn't have any DK or NX models in stock. I think the NS is priced in between those two. I really liked the larger frame of the NS, compared to the old DK35 I was replacing (Cub clone). There is so much more room in the operator area, which is nice when mowing for 6 hours. I love the suspension seat. I don't like having a step only on the left side of the tractor though. I like the telescoping lower links on the 3pt hitch. I don't think a new DK has that. I like the loader control next to the seat on the NS, but I think the new DK still has it mounted forward on the right stanchion of the loader frame support, same as my old tractor. . I am still getting used to all the safety interlocks that my old tractor didn't have. I was just lucky that day when I saw it, and it was set up just how I needed it to be. I didn't pass it up because I figured it might be a while before another one showed up. I was looking at the other orange tractor's LS4701 line, but it was more $$ money and the dealer was further away with multiple stores. The Kioti dealer near me is a family operation that has been there a long time and you can deal with the owners. The controls are virtually identical to my old tractor, so my muscle memory doesn't have to learn many new things. I think the hand throttle is reversed from my old tractor; clockwise to go faster now, and counterclockwise to go slower. This is the shuttle shift version. Now I need to build a carport for it.
Thanks for the info. Some of the items you pointed out are what has drawn me to the NS series, but so far it's only been based on a few pics that are out there. I like the loader control position as opposed to the DK which has it mounted like you mentioned, that is a deal breaker for me. One thing I did notice, that maybe you can clarify is the foldable ROPS. On the NS it looks like the pins to fold it are at the bottom as opposed to halfway up like most of the models I have seen. With this design, it seems like the ROPS would have to stick out towards the rear of the tractor when folded down?

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #13  
Thanks for the info. Some of the items you pointed out are what has drawn me to the NS series, but so far it's only been based on a few pics that are out there. I like the loader control position as opposed to the DK which has it mounted like you mentioned, that is a deal breaker for me. One thing I did notice, that maybe you can clarify is the foldable ROPS. On the NS it looks like the pins to fold it are at the bottom as opposed to halfway up like most of the models I have seen. With this design, it seems like the ROPS would have to stick out towards the rear of the tractor when folded down?
The rops folds to the rear and the hinge point is very low. See pic. With my shade canopy being fixed, I doubt I'll ever fold it. That's a heavy shade canopy. It appears that it can be tilted back and locked at several angles, but that seems pointless with my canopy. On my old tractor it folded in the middle but also rattled a lot. This one is quiet. My old tractor had no shade canopy. I can't get as close to the trees when I mow as I could in the old tractor, but I use a zero turn mower next to the trees anyway.

The tach has the 540E and 540 pto marks, like the NX, but only the NX has the actual 540E feature so the transmission is slightly different. They share the instruments, but not the feature. I think I would have liked that feature for a PTO Generator to run lower RPMs but it's not a deal killer for sure.

One annoying feature that most likely came from legal rather than engineering is having to put the range shifter into neutral to get off the tractor and keep it running. You can leave the 4sp shifter in gear but the SS shifter has to be in neutral also. My old tractor would stay running with just the SS in neutral. The NS has 12 gears in each direction. My old tractor had 8. I think the NX has 24.

I like the lever behind the tractor that allows adjustment of the lower links arms without going around to the front lever next to the seat.

This is physically a much bigger tractor than my old tractor, which I really like so far. Bigger wheels ride better. It might be tight to turn around in tight brush areas, but reverse will get that done. It's tall; I haven't measured it yet but the canopy just glides under a basketball goal by a few inches. That goal might not be a full ten feet because it was put up when my kids were nine or ten. It only comes with the left mirror, but the mount for the right mirror is there. I think I would like to order a right mirror. I think the NX comes with both mirrors. I've never had mirrors on a tractor before but I do like it. The older I get the harder it is to turn my head around for backing up. Someone needs to but back up cameras on tractors; that would make attaching implements a breeze.
PXL_20211116_220637038.jpg

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #14  
Also, the NS has steel fenders, and my old tractor had plastic rear fenders. Both have steel hoods, but the new tilt up hood is so easy, and you don't have to tilt the brush guard out of the way on the NS. My old tractor had removable side panels that were kind of finicky.

My old tractor had the fuel tank filler on top of the hood which was a pain with 5 gal containers, because you had to climb onto the side of the tractor with one foot on a front tire and reach over the loader arm with a full fuel can. The NS has the fuel tank down low and easy to fill without climbing onto the tractor or breaking your back. It is on the left side right in front of the step.

Last edited:
   / Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples?
Also, the NS has steel fenders, and my old tractor had plastic rear fenders. Both have steel hoods, but the new tilt up hood is so easy, and you don't have to tilt the brush guard out of the way on the NS. My old tractor had removable side panels that were kind of finicky.

My old tractor had the fuel tank filler on top of the hood which was a pain with 5 gal containers, because you had to climb onto the side of the tractor with one foot on a front tire and reach over the loader arm with a full fuel can. The NS has the fuel tank down low and easy to fill without climbing onto the tractor or breaking your back. It is on the left side right in front of the step.
Again, thanks for your insight. Not sure why they changed the design on the ROPS, a little bit of an issue with me since I only have about 90" of clearance when storing. I would have to fold it down either way, but I liked how they usually fold at the mid point. I wasn't aware of the new tilt up hood without having to move the brush guard, nice feature. Do you have any pics of the loader control, I assume you have the 3rd function kit installed as well?

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #16  
I can take a picture of the loader tonight. I did the poor-boy third function for my grapple. My dealer routed two hydraulic lines from my rear remotes to the front of loader to run the grapple. I will just unplug them to run my post driver. The lines are neatly tucked up under the tractor. Not as convenient to operate as a true third function, since I have to steer, close the grapple, and lift the loader with only two hands, but I can make it work and it saved me about $1200. Knees are for steering too, so I should be good if I steer with my right knee, operate clutch with my left foot, grapple with right hand, and loader with left hand. My land is mostly flat anyway.

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #17  
Loader pics from my NS4710
PXL_20211124_030826823.jpg
PXL_20211124_030842792.jpg
PXL_20211124_030931292.jpg

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #18  
The NS series kinda looks like they brought the old DKxxSE series back with the newer Tier 4 engines. That should be a great setup.

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #19  
I think my dealer said the same thing. It's a nice tractor, and comes in several hp configurations.

/ Where are the new NS Series Tractors and Grapples? #20  
The NS series kinda looks like they brought the old DKxxSE series back with the newer Tier 4 engines. That should be a great setup.
Other than the fuel tank down low I can't see too many differences in those pictures and I think the specs on the website are pretty much the same from what I remember.