What's that little button?

/ What's that little button? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Another quick newbie question for ya'll.

I noticed this little "button" on my little Yanmar tractor. It is sort of below my throttle, and the "button" is about the size of my thumbnail. It looks like you press it in... and it does nothing.

Does it have any purpose?

Just curious.

/ What's that little button? #2  
Push your throttle lever all the way forward, then push the button.

Its supposed to shut off the tractor by letting the lever go farther, to shut
off the fuel supply

Ernie

/ What's that little button? #3  
On my 1510D I noticed this and experimented a bit. I was concerned because I could not shut off the engine with the throttle like everybody was saying should be possible. :( When I pushed he throttle all the way forward it continued to run, albeit at a low idle. I adjusted the linkage to the pump so that it would shut off.

Then I discovered this "button" and saw its function was to allow the throttle to close a bit further. :rolleyes: So I readjusted the throttle so that it was low idle with the lever all the way forward and would shut off with the button.:D

Mike

/ What's that little button?
So technically it is to allow us to throw the throttle all the way forward (like when you are trying to talk to someone and that d*** Yanmar is just chugging away(no hard feelings to my Yanmar :))) without accidentally shutting off the engine if you throw it forward too much?

I need to adjust mine then because I shut my tractor off with the throttle, the only way I can get it to stay running is if I idle down to like 700RPM, then try to shut it off, and it will BARELY run, so maybe I need to just adjust it a little.

Thanks!

Dennis