What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,222  
Why not grill?

The bottom dropped out of the one I had; just rolled it from the garage to the slab it sits on, as it went over onto the slap the whole underside fell to the ground.

It wasn't the nicest grill, but I was surprised. Since then we've just not been able to justify a grill, things have just gotten a little tighter than they had been. I've got a neat little fire ring with a cooking grate, and the kids enjoy using that, but it's not exactly meant to cook a meal on. Every now and again I'll see a nice used one on the side of the road, but it will escape my mind by the time I'm in a position to go back and check it out.

Now we're heading full bore towards Winter, so I'll probably find one come Spring.

/ What's for supper??? #3,223  
The bottom dropped out of the one I had; just rolled it from the garage to the slab it sits on, as it went over onto the slap the whole underside fell to the ground.

It wasn't the nicest grill, but I was surprised. Since then we've just not been able to justify a grill, things have just gotten a little tighter than they had been. I've got a neat little fire ring with a cooking grate, and the kids enjoy using that, but it's not exactly meant to cook a meal on. Every now and again I'll see a nice used one on the side of the road, but it will escape my mind by the time I'm in a position to go back and check it out.

Now we're heading full bore towards Winter, so I'll probably find one come Spring.
We got new one a year ago after our warm-morning (brand?) made one wore out. It was like 30yo! I'll post pics of the new when I can but we like it. Its a propane fired one and we use it year-around.

Last edited:
   / What's for supper??? #3,225  
^^ People think I am nuts, liking sirloin steak. I like lean meat, no matter the species.
Nothing wrong with that gduck . . . as long as it is Angus . . . love my Angus. ;)

/ What's for supper??? #3,226  

Check FB marketplace for a used pellet smoker. People buy them, don't use them and unload them for a fraction of what a new one is. This is the time of year to get a deal.

You can grill with them, they go up to 450 - 500 in some cases. Not quite the same as an open flame char broil but you get a smoke flavor on everything, if you're into that.

We gave our grill to my oldest son and have not missed it.

/ What's for supper??? #3,228  
Why yes it is... :p

That's good stuff. I had never had it until I joined the Army; we were an A1 family, that's what we used to wash down the meats my mother would inevitably... overcook.

Anyhow, every mess hall had a steady supply of Heinz 57, and Texas Pete hot sauce.

/ What's for supper??? #3,229  
That's good stuff. I had never had it until I joined the Army; we were an A1 family, that's what we used to wash down the meats my mother would inevitably... overcook.

Anyhow, every mess hall had a steady supply of Heinz 57, and Texas Pete hot sauce.
I use to use A1 when we first got married back in the 80s. I don't know when I found 57 sauce, but I like it much better. I use the 57 sauce. My wife likes the A1 better, so we have both.

I also have a 57 with Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce. A little zippier.

We also have (not for steak) Heinz Mayoracha and Honyracha sauce. Tasty.

Frank's Red Hot.
Tabasco.
Tabasco brand Scorpion Sauce.
Sriracha Sauce.