What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,271  
We did fried banana sandwiches as a kid, no peanut butter.

/ What's for supper??? #3,272  
I hope What's for Lunch is allowed. I saw a website that says Elvis liked a grilled Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich, so I had to try it. Not bad, but it might have needed 2 bananas or dill pickles. :unsure:

I ate a good number of those as a kid; not my favorite, but not bad at all either. If they were good enough for the King, who was I to complain?

🤣

/ What's for supper??? #3,273  
Neighbor is feeling under the weather so I made chicken broth.
Put in some vegies and loaded it up with won tons. Went over real good.

/ What's for supper??? #3,275  
GRANDPA JONES:

Hog jowles and grits
sweet potato pie and possum

willy

/ What's for supper??? #3,278  
Pulled pork sandwiches.

I did a couple pork tenderloins in the instant pot. Will post some pics and a review of the new recipe later.

Man, that does sound good. Personally I'd add some pickle slices and white onion!

/ What's for supper??? #3,280  
Instant Pot pulled pork recipe. (not mine, just found it on the web)

They recommend using a brined pork butt

I used two pork tenderloins (not loins, tenderloins).

It was pretty tasty!

INGREDIENTS

• 4lb Pork Butt Roast, boneless or bone-in
  • 3 tbs light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 11/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp liquid smoke
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 - 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Trim excess fat from pork roast and cut into 4 same-size chunks. (I cut each tenderloin into 3 pieces)
  2. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Add pork roast chunks to rub mix and coat well.
  3. Add 2 tbs olive oil to Instant Pot and set to sauté mode. Once it indicates hot, add 2 pieces of the pork. Sear on each side for about 2 minutes each. Remove pork and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
  4. Once pork is seared and removed from pot, press cancel and add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all the bits. Then add remaining chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
  5. Place pork chunks directly into the liquid in the pot, spacing out as best possible.
    Secure lid and make sure vent is set to sealing position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Then let pressure release naturally for 20 minutes or until pin drops.
  6. Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with
    2 forks. Add your favorite BBQ sauce as desired. Or use the juice from the Instant Pot - it's loaded with awesome flavor!

I opted to shred it, place it directly on buns, and then let individuals choose from a variety of sauces that we have. I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's honey BBQ. My wife prefers their original.

It shredded with just my fingers, no forks needed.

Enjoy!
(click to enlarge)

IMG_7115.jpeg