What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,251  
Wife made me a nice German Chocolate Cake too.

(click to enlarge)

IMG_6241.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,252  
Local chocolate factory sells dark chocolate covered tart cherries for $19 a pound.

In the back they have factory rejects. 20# box for $35. They aren't pretty, but oh man, are they tasty! This is the fourth case I've purchased from them over the years. I break them down into quart zip lock bags and freeze them. Then every month or so I pull one out. It'll last me a good year.

IMG_6228.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,253  
Local chocolate factory sells dark chocolate covered tart cherries for $19 a pound.

In the back they have factory rejects. 20# box for $35. They aren't pretty, but oh man, are they tasty! This is the fourth case I've purchased from them over the years. I break them down into quart zip lock bags and freeze them. Then every month or so I pull one out. It'll last me a good year.

View attachment 851801
Very nice. I wish I had you sugar tolerance. Looks yummy.

/ What's for supper??? #3,256  
Green beans and bacon...a combo made in Heaven. Here's a favorite family recipe, that is always a hit. Even people who ordinarily won't eat green beans like these:
======================

Oven baked Bacon wrapped Green Beans by 2LaneCruzer

2 (or how ever many you want) cans of uncut green beans

1 pound sliced, hickory smoked bacon

Chili Powder (or your favorite BBQ dry rub)

Open and drain the green beans;
combine enough individual beans to form a bundle approximately 1 and 1/4 inch in diameter and wrap with a
slice of bacon.
Secure with a toothpick and place on a cookie sheet.
Repeat the process with the remaining beans and sprinkle liberally with chili powder.
Place in medium oven and bake until the bacon is done.
Enjoy. Note: if you prefer, you can use your own choice of seasoning such as dry BBQ rub, etc. We usually
use my rib rubb

/ What's for supper??? #3,257  
Looks good, 2Lane. I blanched my green beans from the garden last year, then froze them on cookie sheets before putting them in a quart container for freezing. The cookie sheet part was so they would not clump together. It was the first time I did them that way and the beans stayed firm and almost as good as fresh.

/ What's for supper??? #3,258  
I made cabbage rolls yesterday from my last 2 heads of garden cabbage.
Left overs today and tomorrow. They actually get better.
Neighbors kid comes over and digs right in.

/ What's for supper??? #3,259  
Ground beef and beans - Beef and beans is cowboy fare. (y)