What TV did you watch as a kid?

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #221  
We had 3 channels. One was PBS. So we watched whatever seemed like the better show off the other two channels each night

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #222  
Captain Kangaroo, Bob Keeshan, played Clarabell the Clown on the Howdy Doody Show.... :)

On Sea Hunt, the world champion offshore powerboat racer, Jim Wynne, was used in many underwater scenes as a body double for Lloyd Bridges.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #223  
Captain Kangaroo, Bob Keeshan, played Clarabell the Clown on the Howdy Doody Show.... :)

On Sea Hunt, the world champion offshore powerboat racer, Jim Wynne, was used in many underwater scenes as a body double for Lloyd Bridges.
A lot of the underwater scenes from Sea Hunt were shot at Silver Springs (fresh water spring in N.C. FL...famous for glass bottom boats)...likewise with a lot of the swimming scenes in the Tarzan movies...

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #225  
Tarzan
I forgot about the guy getting ripped apart on the trapeze. We were an ignorant bunch.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #227  

The one in our living room...it was the only one we had when I was a kid...!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #228  

The one in the living room, on the rear occasions Dad thought there was something on worth watching.

My older brother upset Dad by lipping off about beign smart enough he didn’t need to do his Algebra homework. Dad’s response was to pull the back of the TV off, then pull all of the tubes out. He then told my brother he could watch TV again, just as soon as he was smart to figure out how to make it work. Dad pulled the schematic diagram of the back panel and put it in his pocket, and hid it somewhere. When he wanted to watch TV, he put the tubes back in and we watched TV. When he didn’t see anything he liked, he left the tubes sitting on top of the TV.

In, 1966, I discovered big books of schematics, at the public library, which had the schematic for our TV. I told Dad, and he told me that I probably shouldn’t check one out and bring it home. But I could ask to watch TV, and if my homework was caught up, I could ask to watch TV.

In 1968, my brother graduated from high school, and left for the Army. Dad bought a new color TV so he could watch the Olympics.

Years later, I told him that it wasn’t fair that he punished my younger brother and I, because our Older brother was an idiot. He laughed, and told me that he felt it worked really well. My younger brother and I were both voracious readers.

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #229  

Speaking of TVs. How many do you have, not counting any in Rv! We have 2!

/ What TV did you watch as a kid? #230  
Did anyone else have to go out with a two foot pipe wrench to turn the antennae post??? Dad was too cheap to invest in a rotor.

We also had to listen for dad to yell when we got it in the correct spot