what to do with a pile of asphalt

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #31  
Fossilized dinosaur dung! Tickets $1. People will pay to see all kinds of $#i!.

After you collect enough to retire on then pay someone to haul it away!

I unearthed some 34 tires and rims from my property (along with some various car parts [car and truck hoods came in handy- see my avatar]). No way to turn it into a revenue-producing operation: dinosaur rings? do /did dinosaurs have fingers? :unsure: Cost me to dispose of them.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #32  
Call some local asphalt places and ask them if they want it. They recycle it into other paving jobs.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #33  
throw some crude oil on it..set it on fire...it will burn out the tar..leaving the gravel...
That reminds me of a huge fire on a mound of tires that was featured on the news decades ago. The reporter said the liquid flowing beneath the tires was oil that melted out of them. I still wonder why the oil didn't burn???

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #34  
Convert it to the jump on a TT track.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #35  
That reminds me of a huge fire on a mound of tires that was featured on the news decades ago. The reporter said the liquid flowing beneath the tires was oil that melted out of them. I still wonder why the oil didn't
Like the Springfield tire fire on the Simpsons.
Maybe all of the volatile liquid burned out, leaving a carbon rich mess.

if you can't recycle it due to the asphalt plant only accepting ground asphalt, you could find a place on your property for a parking place. Excavate it and put the pile in peak side down, or in chunks. Pave over it. Say it's a great base of unknown depth.
tf.jpg

Last edited:
   / what to do with a pile of asphalt #36  
Good lord that is a horrible suggestion, ed. An ecological and legal disaster, and ineffective solution all in one. LOL

If just left sitting the asphalt‘s will all evaporate into the atmosphere. The fire just goes quicker.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #37  
Sort of combining some of the thoughts...
Rent an excavator, dig a BIG hole next to it and use the excavator to "help" it in. Of course, then you have to deal with all the settling around the now new hole.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #38  
Sort of combining some of the thoughts...
Rent an excavator, dig a BIG hole next to it and use the excavator to "help" it in. Of course, then you have to deal with all the settling around the now new hole.
Isn't burying it just like dumping oil on the ground?
Going to poison ground water & kill everyone within 100 miles?

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #39  
I knew a kid who loved to drive cars, he got in a wreck and died. Another kid I knew loved to swim, he drowned in a lake... I could go on...

Both tragedies were the result of them doing what they loved to do...

SR
And all these years I thought my parents were just being mean.
Now I find out stopping me from doing the things I liked was just protecting me.

/ what to do with a pile of asphalt #40  
And all these years I thought my parents were just being mean.
Now I find out stopping me from doing the things I liked was just protecting me.
Try a little diesel on the pile. The diesel will soften the asphalt and make it manageable with your tractor.
All the asphalt contractors in Australia use diesel to clean their shovels when working with asphalt. That is if you are allowed over there.